What's new

RT-AC88U new firmware version 384_20379 Krack fix

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gregory Phillips

Very Senior Member
Asus released a new firmware version today that isn't being shown in the router GUI just yet so I put a link to it for you.:D

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20379 2018/02/1345.7 MBytesASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4. 384.20379
Security fixed
- Fixed KRACK vulnerabilities
- Fixed AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS Vulnerability. Thanks to Guy Arazi and Niv Levi contribution.
Thanks to Guy Arazi for following vulnerabilities.
- AiCloud 2.0 Stored XSS Share link manager.
- AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS - "share a link"
- Download Master HTTP service DoS vulnerability.
- Download Master Reflected XSS Main login.
Bug fixed
- Fixed Let’s encrypt authentication issue.
- Fixed IPSec connection problem when PSK/Account/Password over 32 characters.
- Fixed typo in AiProtection alert mail.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wi...18.1890988348.1518484657-408564371.1515809355

Everything is ok, but the DLNA server disconnect while watching a movie, I try 3 different devices and disconnect from all. Before I update the firmware, everything works perfect. :(

Good afternoon everyone!
On my RT-AC88U this is behaving well, but I noticed that in administration, system changes that are made in the timezone part are not being applied when some adjustment is made and then clicking apply changes are not being applied.

Good afternoon everyone!
On my RT-AC88U this is behaving well, but I noticed that in administration, system changes that are made in the timezone part are not being applied when some adjustment is made and then clicking apply changes are not being applied.

I can also confirm this on the AC3100. I try to set the proper day light saving info Nov 1st sunday and it always stays at 2nd sunday that is not correct.

I already had my DST set in the router when I flashed it so I cannot comment if mine does the same thing. You guys might provide some feedback to asus about it and see if they can reproduce the behavior.

Downloading 11 torrents 2 cpu cores at 80-90%, iptv in home lags and freeze. Not good/

Update: Tried with Merlin lates same result.

Is there any way to give the iptv high priority, because i don't want to limit utorrent?

Update2: Revert back to 3.0.0.4.380.7743 everything is working smooth.

Conslusion: imho latest firmware its not good for torrenting.

Last edited:
Downloading 11 torrents 2 cpu cores at 80-90%, iptv in home lags and freeze. Not good/

Update: Tried with Merlin lates same result.

Is there any way to give the iptv high priority, because i don't want to limit utorrent?

Update2: Revert back to 3.0.0.4.380.7743 everything is working smooth.

Conslusion: imho latest firmware its not good for torrenting.

Have you add Node in your network or just Router only ?

A Krack fix 3 months later while eero and Netgear released a fix in 24 hours.
Netgear definitely didn't release a fix in 24 hours for their Broadcom models because a week after the disclosure, Asus were still waiting for Broadcom to fix it.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Netgear definitely didn't release a fix in 24 hours for their Broadcom models because a week after the disclosure, Asus were still waiting for Broadcom to fix it.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Actually it has been 4 months for Asus. Way to take care of their customers.

Actually it has been 4 months for Asus. Way to take care of their customers.

I suspect it might be a complementary fix, because they first mentioned fixing Krack months ago in a previous release (I think it was with the first 382 release). So, it could be the fix was only partially applied at the time / for some specific scenarios, and another one was just found and fixed.

I was able to turn off the reboot scheduler with this version without seeing my memory consumed. So far at almost 7 days up its steady at 35%, whereas with earlier versions it would grow like 2-3% on a daily basis.

I also wanted to add that I'm running around 15 torrents right now without issue, however, core 1 use is going up and down spiking around 43% so far.

Running from 8 days 21 hours 29 minute(s) 9 seconds, 222 mb of ram used. Latest firmware, remove the iptv profile.
Before the router i plugged 8 port unmanger switch d-link 100 mb (iptv is running on it), still when downloading on max there is a freeze in frames in the iptv. With iptv manual custom setting vlans still are broken. There is no option to choose only 1 port in this manuak mode for iptv Sent several reports (feedbacks) to Asus even to artur 2 times. No respond so far.
With old firmware 7743 there are no such problems even trend micro is on..

Update: Ipsec, pptp, openvpn working. The only issue i found so far with ipsec vpn using Asus guide that i get disconnects on every 2 hours from the router (psk auth time from what i see in the router)....

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!