What's new

RT-AC88U on 384.5 firmware will not update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Juice

New Around Here
Hey guys, I have an RT-AC88U on firmware 384.5 trying to update to 384.9 and the update will not stick. Any ideas? Are there any known issues updating from 384.5?

Safely remove any USB drives from the router. Reboot the router and wait for 5 to 10 minutes after it reboots before trying again.

Flash the new firmware, it should work without a hitch now.

Safely remove any USB drives from the router. Reboot the router and wait for 5 to 10 minutes after it reboots before trying again.

Flash the new firmware, it should work without a hitch now.

I do not and did not have any USB devices attached when I tried to update, I also have done a reboot after the failed update attempt and tried again with no success.

Unplug all network cables from the router except for the WAN and the single cable that connects to the computer you're using to connect with. Reboot, wait 5 minutes and then pull the power plug and wait another 5 minutes before powering it up and trying once more.

If that doesn't work, pull the power plug on the device, waiting for a couple of minutes and then hold the WPS button down while powering it on (hold the WPS button for at least 10 seconds or more). Wait for it to boot up (it could take 10 minutes...) and then flash the firmware you want.