What's new

RT-AC88U only 4 Switch Ports available, failed to load...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marco Kohler

New Around Here
Hi

Since I tested a rt-ac88u beta from dd-wrt. After a while I went back to original Firmware.

Since this test, only Port 1-4 are coming up, port 5-8 are since then down. In the syslog I can find following messages:

Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: rtl8365mbrtl8365mb initialized(14)(retry:10) failed
Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: rtk port_phyEnableAll Failed!(15)
Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: rtk port_macForceLink_set ext_Port0 Failed!(15)
Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: register rtl8365mb done (link down at first)

I always did a factory reset, deleted nvram and some else. I also testet with asuswrt-merlin Firmware. Same result.

Does anyone has a hint for me or did I brick the device?

Best,
Marco

Hi

Since I tested a rt-ac88u beta from dd-wrt. After a while I went back to original Firmware.

Since this test, only Port 1-4 are coming up, port 5-8 are since then down. In the syslog I can find following messages:

Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: rtl8365mbrtl8365mb initialized(14)(retry:10) failed
Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: rtk port_phyEnableAll Failed!(15)
Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: rtk port_macForceLink_set ext_Port0 Failed!(15)
Aug 1 01:00:16 kernel: register rtl8365mb done (link down at first)

I always did a factory reset, deleted nvram and some else. I also testet with asuswrt-merlin Firmware. Same result.

Does anyone has a hint for me or did I brick the device?

Best,
Marco

Hi,

I've got the exact same problem as you describe. Just wondering what you ended up doing to hopefully fix it?

Just an update, I bought it back to the store and swapped it over for a brand new one. Apparently this issue does happen, albeit rare in ASUS routers but technology can fail in any case. Definitely a hardware issue as opposed to software. If you haven't had it for a year you can bring it back for a new one. Hope that helps you out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!