What's new

RT-AC88U requires frequent reboots

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michael Salinger

Occasional Visitor
My RT-AC88U has several problems that I can't figure out. I'm on the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.384.20379), have tried factory reset, and the only settings I've changed are to disable airtime fairness and enable IGMP Snooping on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz (I have various Chromecasts and Google Home's on the network). I've also enabled adaptive QoS for streaming. When I reboot the router, everything works fine, but over time the following things happen:

• Devices on 5G can't access devices on 2.4GHz (printers, an IP camera, etc.)
  • Internet speed slows. When first rebooting get ~200 mps (which my data plan allows). However over time this slows to about 10-12 mps...
  • The admin page becomes inaccessible (just hangs when trying to access it)
  • Eventually all traffic will stop.
Any ideas? I'm at my wits end here. The router worked fine for over a year and is just out of warranty.

What browser are you using and have you tried clearing its cashe and cookies? BTW your router has a two year warranty.

you need to reset the firmware and configure from scratch, there was an issue of a DMA transaction between the 2.4 and 5Ghz controllers failing going from 5-2.4 after the upgrade from 380 to 382.

you need to reset the firmware and configure from scratch, there was an issue of a DMA transaction between the 2.4 and 5Ghz controllers failing going from 5-2.4 after the upgrade from 380 to 382.
I just did this the other day (factory reset). How do I reset/configure to ensure that this doesn't happen again? Does Merlin's firmware have this issue?

i return my RT-AC88U .. for same reasons... no amount of (factory reset) helped it .. the best i got is 16 hours out of it ...
after reboot works for 2-3 hours after full reset 8-12 hours ...