What's new

Release RT-AC88U Version 3.0.0.4.386.41700

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

boxermansr

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41700
- Fixed Let's Encrypt not working properly.
- Fixed web browsing issue when enabled parental control

Hey, the download doesn't work. When I click to download, I receive this error message "404 - Not Found"

Installed it to. Poor 5ghz for me, went back to merlin again his last stable version.
Anyone having same issues?

regards. Q

After I tried the last update my 5ghz hasn't been the same working super slow compared to 2.4ghz.

What specific degradation in the 5GHz band is seen? Does a router reboot help? Are others either experiencing this, or confirm their 5GHz is OK.

With this issue hanging out there I'm hesitant to upgrade.

For mine I've rolled back, reset it, reboot it, drained all the power out of it and let it sit and even tried moving the antennas around but no dice. I tried it again from my laptop today and it was turtle slow on 5g.

See my speed tests between 2.4, the higher throughput, and 5ghz which has become super slow. I hope that firmware didn't damage my radio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-061853_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-061853_Speedtest.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210123-062037_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-062037_Speedtest.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
After seeing that dismal throughput I went ahead and updated to 3.0.0.4.386_41700 and retested my 5ghz and this is what I got. Thank goodness the update fixed the radio issue.

1611403676344.png

@gregory, I'm confused about your last reply. You said updating to 3.0.0.4.386.41700 fixed the issue. Am I correct that you a) first saw the problem on 3.0.0.4.386.41700, b) rolled back to a prior version and the problem was still there, and c) reinstalled 3.0.0.4.386.41700 and the problem went away. Would you know whether or not the problem might have existed prior to first installing 3.0.0.4.386.41700 the first time?

Ok the problem began when I tried updating to 3.0.0.4.386_41535 and the gui went crazy causing Xfinity to block my modem. I restored the previous firmware and once my modem was unblocked I was up and running but with a super slow 5ghz radio. I confirmed this again this morning by running speedtest and capturing the throughput on each band.

Then I went ahead and flashed to the newer revised version, you know something was wrong if they immediately released another firmware, and once it was installed no crazy GUI and the 5ghz radio returned to normal. I entered my logon and it took it like normal and once I was in I disabled captcha first thing and then tested throughput which is what I posted above so you can see the tremendous difference between the two after the radio returned to normal.

I just updated from _41535 to _41700. The process went fast and all looks good. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz speeds are as expected.

Also stepped up to _41700 on 88U with a 68U node. I think it pushed out to 68U node automatically during the course of upgrade? Hoping this improves mesh performance, so far so good. Thanks to all of you who have helped us ding dongs improve our network stability and safety. My router is more important than my car now, working exclusively from home. Have referenced this forum for a couple of years, very helpful. Haven't had the courage to try Merlins firmware, but I'm blown away by the concept of what he does.

I've run Ethernet for all key clients, and that likely helps. We're in a sparsely populated area with no close neighbors, so I run auto channels on two ssid's and no guest.

Experimenting with roaming block list now, but haven't adjusted signal strength settings for node handoffs yet. Just got all clients properly named yesterday.

cheers-

Today while I was at work my 88u just stopped working. The lights said it was okay but nobody could connect to the net until I got home and soft cycled it. I'm not sure what to make of it but if it bites the dust my new ax88u will go up on the shelf.

Edit: Today radios are down to almost no throughput so called in for an RMA and the AX88U is about to go active duty.

Last edited:
I just upgraded my AX-3000 to this version....immediately having problems!
One wifi client is totally unable to connect to the 5 GHz band....it is a computer with a B550-F Asus motherboard which has Wi-Fi 6 on board. Win 10 simply says "unable to connect"
That machine was working fine for months on the previous router firmware version.

I have been troubleshooting for over an hour, changed so many settings for the 5 GHz band, nothing helps! Very frustrated. Are there any logs I could look at in Windows 10? I looked in the event logs, nothing is listed there.
Beware!

I just upgraded my AX-3000 to this version....immediately having problems!
One wifi client is totally unable to connect to the 5 GHz band....it is a computer with a B550-F Asus motherboard which has Wi-Fi 6 on board. Win 10 simply says "unable to connect"
That machine was working fine for months on the previous router firmware version.

I have been troubleshooting for over an hour, changed so many settings for the 5 GHz band, nothing helps! Very frustrated. Are there any logs I could look at in Windows 10? I looked in the event logs, nothing is listed there.
Beware!

You could spend time troubleshooting this, but I doubt it is a settings issue since the default settings should connect a wireless client.

Or, you could install the current released beta 9.0.0.4.386.41994, reset the firmware, configure it from scratch, and take it from there.

OE

You could spend time troubleshooting this, but I doubt it is a settings issue since the default settings should connect a wireless client.

Or, you could install the current released beta 9.0.0.4.386.41994, reset the firmware, configure it from scratch, and take it from there.

OE
Hmmm........so in your experience, the beta will fix this issue?

The interesting part is...........so far other clients do not seem to have trouble with this firmware..........why only one....and that too Asus' own???! LoL

Hmmm........so in your experience, the beta will fix this issue?

The interesting part is...........so far other clients do not seem to have trouble with this firmware..........why only one....and that too Asus' own???! LoL

No, I don't know what the issue is. Nor what you have done firmware-wise. So, I would start with current released firmware.

For your client issue, relax the WiFi settings on both ends. Try open WiFi. Forget and recreate the client connection. Update the client adapter driver.

OE

I just rolled back to 41700 after the router just glitches then drops the internet all together. Last night I observed core 2 running at 100% while my internet turned intermittent. If this keeps up it will go right back on rma and ax88u will come back out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!