What's new

RT-AC88U Won't install latest Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I doubt the RT-N16 is capable of running an OpenVPN client. Merlin's and John's firmware for the RT-N16 don't have OpenVPN support.

Sorry. My phone's corrector is terrible.

The question is: could be possible to enable jffs scripts on Asus rt-n16 stock firmware?

The question is: could be possible to enable jffs scripts on Asus rt-n16 stock firmware?
No, unless you modify the source code to implement it, and recompile the firmware. It's not just a feature that can be enabled/disabled, it requires actually implementing it in the firmware code.

One alternative to consider would be Fresh Tomato.

Nice. I will give it a try.
Thanks.

By the way, does Fresh Tomato support phone (Android) tethering through USB?

I don't know. I doubt they have USB modem support, but I might be wrong.

I don't know. I doubt they have USB modem support, but I might be wrong.
yes they support:
3G/4G Modem Support: Checking this enables FreshTomato's support for 3G/4G USB modem dongles. This allows you to use a cellular provider as an Internet source. For more details on 3G/4G modem settings, see the WAN Settings section on the Network page.

Okay. Many thanks.

Cool. They might have added it at the same time Shibby added Multiwan support a few years back.
I guess so, I don't use Fresh Tomato, but I played it once while helping a friend flash Fresh Tomato onto his R7000. I remember that there were indeed many unexpected options out there, like CTF, captive portal, modifying WiFi zone and power (I'm guessing this is definitely not what the FCC wants to see).