What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yes did all that except for the hours part. asus basically said same thing and if that did not work to send it back to where it came from.so did that.reset the modem also and got a newer one of them and the first one was dead cable comp could not find it,second one they found and was slower that the original one.
they sure are not making electronics like they use to ,thats for sure especially for the price.
as long as my rt16 holds on will wait 6 months or so and try again. I just do not like being quality control at my time and expense.
it use to be a doa or problem was a long shot last few years seems almost a certainty.
thanks

Have you tried resetting the modem ?
if not I would suggest you something weird.
Reset the router and the modem, switch both off for a couple of hours. Then turn the modem on and configure it then turn the router on and configure it then test

hi,

can anyone confirm if we can change the regulatory domain on this?

I am based in UK and can get it much cheaper from US/AU/Hong Kong although worried about the wireless channels

hi,

can anyone confirm if we can change the regulatory domain on this?

I am based in UK and can get it much cheaper from US/AU/Hong Kong although worried about the wireless channels

You can't. And the bootloader is now encrypted, so no editing possible either.

I'm on .1354 as well with Adaptive QOS enabled. Haven't got any issues at the moment, including Netflix. My Steam Link is on it's way and that can cause some trouble. I'll let you know if runs well with Adaptive QOS enabled.

Tested with the Steam Link, no issues so far with Adaptive QOS enabled. Great performance!

also got myself a 88u but it has the wrong power supply adapter as we use slanted plug points here in OZ does anyone know what power the adapter is and if i can use the 87u power supply with it for now , i also have the ac5300 for testing and if i can use its power supply for the 88u ?

also got myself a 88u but it has the wrong power supply adapter as we use slanted plug points here in OZ does anyone know what power the adapter is and if i can use the 87u power supply with it for now , i also have the ac5300 for testing and if i can use its power supply for the 88u ?
Can't you just use an adaptor? The power supply should be fine for the entire world, it's just the prongs that change. I have a US power supply with an EU adaptor. Works perfectly.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

anyone using an AC88 as a media bridge, with another AC88 as AP? the media bridge would eventually lose connection with the AP, LEDs are all showing up fine, and a power cycle will fix it.
still waiting for a fix for this... on the latest firmware, the connection remains ok for a couple of days sometimes, but devices connected to the media bridge will eventually lose connectivity to the internet, even though the media bridge looks fine, and can still be accessed through the router login page via its IP.

even though the media bridge looks fine, and can still be accessed through the router login page via its IP.
this suggest to be like an issue that occurs with repeater bridges on dd wrt where if the wifi from the main router is somehow disturbed or stopped for even a short amount of time the link will be dropped and the repeater just sits there thinking its connected but its not and doesnt try to reconnect

i think the work around was to set a static ip address on the repeater instead if dhcp allocated address so try static ip on the media bridge and see if that improves it

this suggest to be like an issue that occurs with repeater bridges on dd wrt where if the wifi from the main router is somehow disturbed or stopped for even a short amount of time the link will be dropped and the repeater just sits there thinking its connected but its not and doesnt try to reconnect

i think the work around was to set a static ip address on the repeater instead if dhcp allocated address so try static ip on the media bridge and see if that improves it
tried that before, same outcome. one more point to add, another RT-AC68U is connected to the same 5GHz as a repeater, not sure if that contributes to this issue. The AC68U is generally stable in connectivity.

still waiting for a fix for this... on the latest firmware, the connection remains ok for a couple of days sometimes, but devices connected to the media bridge will eventually lose connectivity to the internet, even though the media bridge looks fine, and can still be accessed through the router login page via its IP.

I created a second ticket with ASUS on my RT-AC88U as a media bridge. Even though the first ticket resulted in ASUS sending me a new unit, the only improvement was the new unit seem to not lose its internet connection as often (actually it only did this once) for the devices attached to it. All the other issues were still there. Not good enough. I still need to connect to the devices attached to the RT-AC88U over the network to do some things and I'm not able to do that.

Created the newest ticket about three weeks ago and ASUS asked me to send them some logs and other info. Haven't heard anything since from them.

Did try the static IP on the original unit. Made no difference.

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.2345
Release Notes 2016/03/21
- Improved wireless stability.
- Improved system stability.
- Added smart connect.
- Added repeater mode

Can someone offer a stabil download link for this new FW please?! Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Can someone offer a stabil download link for this new FW please?! Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you use 7zip you can extract the file.
Maybe .2345 has serious problems. As i had it upgraded and after reboot my router has hanged. I have to use the recovery firmware tool. i did the hard reset and tried again and had the same problem. Back to .1354.
Sorry about my english

It's been awhile since a firmware upgrade. I uploaded the firmware and all seems fine. I did have to use 7zip to extract the file. Windows 10 native extractor could not do it.

I will update later if I see any problems.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but I believe whenever you do firmware upgrades it automatically resets the router during the process. To answer your question I did not have to manually reset or unplug the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!