What's new

RT-AX3000 v2 Different somehow?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jplw

Regular Contributor
I have had 5 different Asus Routers for myself and family members. 4 had identical shaped power adapters (square-ish, sticking up above the plug). The RT-AX300 v2 has a different power adapter that hangs off to the side. Not a big deal, but that, plus the fact that it is a new-ish AX router that Merlin does not support, makes me wonder whether there is something different about this router compared to others? Different manufacter? Architecture?

The V2 has completely different hardware. Asus should really stop reusing the same model numbers for different routers.

makes me wonder whether there is something different about this router

Hardware differences:

Asus should really stop reusing the same model numbers for different routers.

And different model numbers for the same router. A question about MediaTek based Asus router came up recently and when looking for more information about the hardware it appears Asus is selling the same hardware with 5x different model numbers in different countries. Not sure why is this needed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!