What's new

GS-AX3000 Crashes When Connected Device Looses Power

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe the TV (and test switch) AC power supply ground/neutral is not properly bonded to the router's AC power supply ground/neutral (a building wiring issue?)... when testing, is all of this equipment using the same AC power outlet? If not, try powering the router and the TV from the same AC power outlet so that they have that common ground/neutral and no voltage difference/ground loop current between their chassis. Admittedly, a long shot guess but one must think outside the box when troubleshooting the unknown! :)

OE
Thanks. I sure would never have considered this. Interestingly, both TV and Router plug into the same UPS.

Try powering the router and the TV from the same AC power outlet so that they have that common ground/neutral and no voltage difference/ground loop current between their chassis.
Oh, that's a good thought! I learned years ago (and very expensively) not to run ethernet cables between devices on different power circuits, at least not without surge protectors somewhere along the line. That was a case of "nearby lightning strike fried a motherboard", which is not exactly your issue, but maybe an isolator would help if you can't easily relocate things onto the same circuit.

Oh, that's a good thought! I learned years ago (and very expensively) not to run ethernet cables between devices on different power circuits,

Yes, I think you need to bond the separate power panel Earth grounds together through a proper ground wire, not through equipment interconnects like the Ethernet 0vdc. Or use a wireless bridge.

OE

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!