What's new

Asuswrt & wireguard on ASUS RT-AX58U V2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cgion

New Around Here
I need to buy a new wifi router because my current one doesn't support VPNs.
I kept hearing about Wireguard's performance compared to other protocols and I'd like to see it for myself.
Right now I'm considering purchasing an ASUS RT-AX58U V2 but I have some questions and I though you guys might be able to help me:
- Does this router model support Asuswrt-Merlin? On the Asuswrt-Merlin home page I see that only the first revision (V1?) is mentioned, but in this thread https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ax58u-v2-ax3000-original-firmware.89037/ I see V2 mentioned as well, so I'm not really sure.
- Does this router model have support for Wireguard (client / server / both), via either Asuswrt / factory firmwares ? Again, no clear answers, a couple of vague pieces of info here and there but no clear answer

Many thanks

Asuswrt = stock firmware
Asuswrt-Merlin = my firmware

What that other thread is talking about is Asuswrt, the stock firmware.

Does this router model support Asuswrt-Merlin?

No.

1708964074451.png

Does this router model have support for Wireguard?

Yes.

1708960744076.png

It also has simple selective routing via VPN Fusion. This is an entry-level router though, don't expect great VPN speeds.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!