What's new

RT-AX58U: Issues on 2.4Ghz only - interpret errors in log?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi there,
AX58U here, I have same identical issue with 2.4 ghz.
i have the Merlin release 386.2.
if I reboot or change Wi-Fi settings it works for a while, after that connection is very slow (about 1/2Mb).
no luck disabling ax settings
Sorry to hear this, I know the frustration. Is it a new unit - as I would without a doubt exchange it as soon as possible.
If it worked always and just stopped working it might be firmware - and I would try and change / test a lot of settings (disabling beamforming, using fixed channels etc.)

Sorry to hear this, I know the frustration. Is it a new unit - as I would without a doubt exchange it as soon as possible.
If it worked always and just stopped working it might be firmware - and I would try and change / test a lot of settings (disabling beamforming, using fixed channels etc.)
I really don't know, I have it since December but almost all devices are on 5ghz band, just 2/3 are on 2.4ghz.
I'll try to change some settings, but the problem is that when I change something it works for a while, so for each change I have to wait some hours before to test: this complicates the troubleshooting...
I have the suspect about the merlin version 386.2, I updated to 386.2_2 but same issue... i'll try a downgrade

But you solved everything changing the unit right?!
perhaps some stocks are defective...

edit: I confirm same issue with merlin v. 386.1_2 and with beamforming disabled

Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue here the 5ghz band works great but the 2.4 starts craping out after a while. it starts of fine (about 100 up and down on dslreports with an A for buffer bloat) then latter on in the day it will start dropping to like 5 up and down, in fact usually the dslreport speed test cant even finish as it errors out on the upload saying the upload stayed at 0. I can reboot and everything will work fine for about 24 hours then it will start going bad again here is the wireless log and pro settings I have set. I tried changing them all to default to see if that would help and will update if that helps but I was having issues even before messing with the pro settings. I also tried changing the channel to see if that helps. I honestly can't really tell a difference between channel 6 and 11(can only tell the difference when I look at the wireless log as on channel 11 the noise will be around 85-90 dBm and on channel 6 it will be between 78-82, but other than that responsiveness and speed seems to be the same)and it seems slightly worse on channel 1.

I changed some of the pro settings to default and the 2.4ghz network so far seems to be alot better. Particularly i changed Bluetooth coexistence from pre-emptive to off. Shouldn't this have the opposite effect though? Isn't it a good idea to set it to pre-emptive so there is no interference?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-24 152900.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 152900.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot 2021-04-24 152218.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 152218.png
    298.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!