What's new

RT-AX58U pc ip issues help plzz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Red1

New Around Here
I have just purchased a RT-AX58U router i must say it's very nice, but having issues setting my pc with a ip of my choosing with my old asus RT-N66U router the default gateway was 192.168.1.1, but when i change my pc ip and try and login to the asus ax58u router will not connect, only way of connecting to the router page is using it's ip Default Gateway 192.168.50.1, will not connect using http://router.asus.com only way i can is set my settings in the networking settings to obtain an ip address automatically.
Am i missing something? i have basic networking experience.

The info i entered into the internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) properties is

ip address 192.168.50.224
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.50.1

Also using latest merlin firmware.

Sorry, I can't follow what the problem is...

"having issues setting my pc with a ip of my choosing" - Is this your problem? What exactly are you trying to do and what is the result?

will not connect using http://router.asus.com only way i can is set my settings in the networking settings to obtain an ip address automatically.
Or is this the problem, trying to use router.asus.com ? If so make sure you have set the IP address of the DNS server to 192.168.50.1 in the static setting on your PC.

You might need to flush your PC's DNS cache after making changes to the DNS settings. Rebooting the PC might be the simplest way to do that.

Either way, if you want your PC to have a fixed IP address I suggest that you don't set it manually on the PC's network adapter but use DHCP instead. Then you can assign a fixed IP address for it using the router's DHCP page.

Last edited:
Thank you, I think using the routers DHCP would be a better way of assigning a fixed ip to my PC, i am a very basic novice at this networking business, youtube is helping a lot also.
Anyway this new RT-AX58U i just purchase is fantastic, i can now pick up wifi 5GHz in rooms i had trouble using my old RT-N66U, seems i very much need a upgrade, i've had the RT-N66U 7 years and its served me well.
Wifi 6 is flying with my samsung s10 plus.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online