What's new

RT-AX82U - Camera is connected but not seen in router admin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smartbits

Occasional Visitor
I bought a Wyze Cam V3 and connected it to my network. It works well, does not disconnect but when I check which devices are connected to my network, the camera is not listed. I can see it only when I check System Log --> DHP Leases. In there, it's listed as WyzeCam and I can see which IP has been assigned to it along with when the lease expires.

This seems to be a strange bug with my router since the camera is working properly. I have a similar camera from a different company that's also connected and I can see it in the list of devices. Does anyone have any idea why the Wyze camera is not listed?

Last edited:
Client List in Asuswrt is not very reliable and often doesn't show devices with fixed IPs - printers, cameras, wireless bridges, etc. It's not a bug on your router in particular, but how it works on all Asuswrt routers. If your camera is working properly and as expected - just ignore it.

Client List in Asuswrt is not very reliable and often doesn't show devices with fixed IPs - printers, cameras, wireless bridges, etc. It's not a bug on your router in particular, but how it works on all Asuswrt routers. If your camera is working properly and as expected - just ignore it.

Thanks, I was not aware of that. In my case, this device is the only one I've ever used that isn't listed in Client List so I thought it was strange.

If you restart Wi-Fi it may show up. The easiest way is to enable/disable one of the Guest Networks. There was even a suggestion to leave a dummy Guest Network enabled for this sole purpose, but it didn't work in my tests. Once you reboot the router some of the clients go hidden again.

If you restart Wi-Fi it may show up. The easiest way is to enable/disable one of the Guest Networks. There was even a suggestion to leave a dummy Guest Network enabled for this sole purpose, but it didn't work in my tests. Once you reboot the router some of the clients go hidden again.

I'll give that a try. Wouldn't this be easy to fix? There are regular firmware updates and I would think that a known bug such as this would be a priority.

I'm just guessing here, but ... DHCP leases generally hold good for at least an hour, maybe a lot more depending on your settings. But the client list probably only shows machines that the router has heard from recently, for some not very well defined value of recently. So perhaps your results just indicate that the camera has been asleep/offline for a little while.

I bought a Wyze Cam V3 and connected it to my network. It works well, does not disconnect but when I check which devices are connected to my network, the camera is not listed. I can see it only when I check System Log --> DHP Leases. In there, it's listed as WyzeCam and I can see which IP has been assigned to it along with when the lease expires.

This seems to be a strange bug with my router since the camera is working properly. I have a similar camera from a different company that's also connected and I can see it in the list of devices. Does anyone have any idea why the Wyze camera is not listed?
is UPnP disabled? If so, that might be the reason

is UPnP disabled? If so, that might be the reason

I have all UPnP disabled on my AX86U and all Wyze cams v2 and v3 on node guest1 WLAN are listed in the router client lists/logs.

OE

I have all UPnP disabled on my AX86U and all Wyze cams v2 and v3 on node guest1 WLAN are listed in the router client lists/logs.

OE
Weird, when I had a Google Nest cam it wouldn't connect unless I enabled UPnP