What's new

RT-AX82U loses connection to some devices (not internet)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unfortunately not. Alexa has failed again on my Bose Home 500 speaker, but still Wi-Fi connected. Factory reset made zero difference.

Ho do you have the speaker connected to the ax82u via wire if not you may have to try see if it sorts it?
Also have you have set up remote access to the ax82u for the alexa?(Think that's just needed tho to use asus voice)

The speaker doesn’t have Ethernet. I don’t have Alexa set up on my router as I don’t have a need to do so.

I’m going to swap the Bose speaker with an Amazon Alexa device which sits next to my router (the Bose speaker normally lives in an upstairs bedroom - with other Wi-Fi devices that don’t have any issues). This will put the Bose speaker right next to the router, and I’ll see if it loses Alexa then. Otherwise I’m out of ideas.

Try as you are, if it seems ok, the speaker has bluetooth just use that to connect to your alexa it's how I connect my speakers up. Maybe the alexa in the speaker is faulty.
Also make a support ticket to bose about it.

Also read

In the Alexa app, disable and re-enable the Bose (Not for SoundTouch) skill​

That can be a problem, but there is lots of bose alexa stuff, that u have probably tried.
But my brother has a problem with his alexa that was built in to his asus router. So he gave up with it.

Try as you are, if it seems ok, the speaker has bluetooth just use that to connect to your alexa it's how I connect my speakers up. Maybe the alexa in the speaker is faulty.
Also make a support ticket to bose about it.
For Alexa to be faulty, it would have to be faulty in my two Bose devices which is unlikely.

I’ll try disabling the Alexa skill and re-enabling as you suggest. Thanks.