What's new

RT-AX82U - Using with Sky Fibre

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

loading5

New Around Here
Hi, I am from the UK and use Sky Fibre as my provider. I am aware of the DHCP 61/MER method Sky use as a means of connection. I want to swap the modem for a Vigor 130 and then use the AX82U.

I have made a mistake it seems in purchasing the RT-AX82U to go with a Vigor 130. The RT-AX82U does not currently support Merlin (will it ever?) and the option to configure using DHCP 61 is unavailable.

Is there an alternate method to enable this functionality, or am I totally reliant on a future Merlin release? Also, why isn't this an option by default with Asus? They have many ISPs to choose from in the setup, but not Sky.

Thanks in advance.

i would also love an up date on this as well are we going to be seeing a future Merlin release for the RT-AX82U or can we use another models up date?

A while ago I was able to make my RT-AC66U_B1 working with stock firmware by changing some NVRAM settings:
Code:
nvram set wan_clientid_type="0"

nvram set wan0_clientid_type="0"

nvram set wan_clientid="001122334455@skydsl|abcd1234"

nvram set wan0_clientid="001122334455@skydsl|abcd1234"

nvram commit

reboot
BUT, I was not using generic values as I was able to extract user/password from my Sky router.

Hope it helps.

A while ago I was able to make my RT-AC66U_B1 working with stock firmware by changing some NVRAM settings:
Code:
nvram set wan_clientid_type="0"

nvram set wan0_clientid_type="0"

nvram set wan_clientid="001122334455@skydsl|abcd1234"

nvram set wan0_clientid="001122334455@skydsl|abcd1234"

nvram commit

reboot
BUT, I was not using generic values as I was able to extract user/password from my Sky router.

Hope it helps.

Wait how do you do this

@thewizard1241 Did you manage to get this working? Just got an RT-AX82U and was looking to do the same thing to replace the Hub for my Sky Superfast fibre, but just waiting to get the Vigor 130.