What's new

RT-AX86u 2.5gb Port to Cable modem Max Speed Xfinity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mogulman

Regular Contributor
I have an RT-AX86u connected to a an Arris S33 Cable modem using the 2.5GB ports on both devices. I'm on Xfinity/Comcast 1.2GB service. I was wondering if anyone was able to get speeds in the built-in router download speed test better than 950MB or so?

I know individual clients won't be able to get more than 1GB. I also didn't expect the built-in router test to be that fast, but I was hoping it would be a little faster than the 1GB port. It doesn't seem to be, though. I'm using the speed test that is built-in to the AX86u, as that is the only legitimate way I could even test, unless I hook up a laptop (with a 2.5GB port) directly to the cable modem.

Seems like this person was able to get faster... I'm not sure if this is with a bandwidth tester, or if this is just advertised wireless speed.

I have the Xfinity 1.2GB service with a RT-AX86U connected thru the 2.5GB port to a CM2000 modem and able to get speeds >950 Mbps. If you have QOS turned on, it will affect your speeds.

1642717330552.png

so.. I guess the possibilities are that:
- My cable modem isn't provisioned correctly. Doubtful, as I've tried two different brands of cable modem.
-I'm in a rural area and the OKTA speedtest that is built-in to the modem only has ISPs that aren't that fast.

Is there any way to see what speed a cable modem is provisioned for? I know in the old days, there was a way you could see the file on Arris/Motorola modems.

Is there any way of manually picking an ISP for the Internet Speed test on an Asus Router? I have no comcast sites available. Only a few local mom/pop places.

Forget it.. one of the sites, actually gave me a faster speed. Still.. any way of overriding the geographic area that is used in an Asus Router Speed Test?

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 99

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!