What's new

RT-AX86U: Adding Game Profiles Breaks Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marzib

New Around Here
I'm on RT-AX86U, and I'm experiencing an issue where the moment I add a Game Profile Open NAT > Game Profile, my existing Port Forwarding rules seem to break and my ports become inaccessible from the outside of my network. When I remove all Game Profiles and Apply, everything goes back to working.

Anyone else seeing this? Any way around it? I was seeing it on 386.1_2 and now I upgraded to 386.2 and it's still happening. I already tried to start with a factory reset and fresh config, and it still breaks the moment a Game Profile is added.

Thanks for any help!

Latest version has some issues with my ax86u. Wifi speed link has halfed. I also get the same issue as you with the game port and tls with ftp is stuffed. Rolling back is the best thing to do for us for now

Latest version has some issues with my ax86u. Wifi speed link has halfed. I also get the same issue as you with the game port and tls with ftp is stuffed. Rolling back is the best thing to do for us for now
Thanks for the reply. Rolling back to what version? Have you found one that doesn't have the issue I'm seein? 386.1_2 wasn't working for me either.

I rolled back to stock for now. This firmware doesn't seem stable enough on the ax86u.

You should look at the generated firewall rules for possible anomalies. There had been earlier issues with other firewall variables getting corrupted, but the known issues were fixed. Maybe you found another, or maybe not.
Code:
cat /tmp/nat_rules
The output will contain your WAN IP, so you may want to redact the WAN IP if you choose to post the output.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!