What's new

Rt-ax88u - can’t update firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sr71bb

New Around Here
Hi there.......just bought an ax88u router......everything seems fine except I keep getting a failure trying to update the firmware.......I’m on version 6210.......not sure what I need to do........

What specific firmware are you on? Which specific firmware do you want to update to?

Do you have any USB drives connected to the router? If you do, safely remove them.

I was gonna go to 9566......which is in their firmware update area........no usb attached or anything........I’m on 6210 currently.........

I was gonna go to 9566......which is in their firmware update area........no usb attached or anything........I’m on 6210 currently.........

Your firmware is 12+ months old and 9 versions behind. Maybe you'll need to update to an earlier version first.

And make sure you have AX88U and not AC88U firmware, it's a common mistake.

everything seems fine except I keep getting a failure trying to update the firmware

How are you trying to update, and what is the exact error message?

I did it manually and it worked........I kept clicking on “check for update”......and it kept failing on me.......but when I manually updated it worked fine........Thank you sooooi much for the help here......this site is great and the experts here too..........

"Check for updates" merely tells you if there is a new version of the currently installed firmware available, it won't know anything about the availability of my firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!