What's new

RT-AX88U doen't work dual Wan with the last 384.19 version (14-Aug-2020)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kitopopo

New Around Here
Dear friends,

I have updated to 384.19 last version for the rt-ax88u, but doen't work dual wan correctly. The primary wan appears waiting and always start with the secondary lan (modem USB) and the internet red led is on. I have formated the jffs partition but I get the same results.

I had to downgrade to version 384.18 I had to downgrade to version 384.18 and now works correctly again.
Repeating the update to 384.19 again, the same error occurs again

Any solution?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards

No Solution, but the same Problem primary wan is showing not connected but everything is working fine, shouldn’t this be postet in the Merlin firmware section not the Asus official?
greetings from Germany

No Solution, but the same Problem primary wan is showing not connected but everything is working fine, shouldn’t this be postet in the Merlin firmware section not the Asus official?
greetings from Germany
Thanks for your reply.
I am a new user in this forum and did not know that there was a section dedicated to merlin, thank you, I think it has been moved correctly. Do you also have this problem? If there is no solution and more users have this problem, I think we will have to wait for the next update. Thanks again . Greetings

I have an ax88u (with latest Merlin and DoT) and recently switched internet providers, so for a couple of weeks I had an overlap. I ran both isps in load balance without a problem with the exception of considerable ipv6 leakage. I used the wan port and port 4. I did not try the stand-by mode. Perhaps I just failed to see the problem, but I did have overall higher speed tests when dual was activated so I believe it did work.

updated my AX88U to 384.19wrt... and lost totally 2,4ghz wifi band, which i do need with my netprinters, cause those only works with 2,4ghz band... How to fix that band to work out? Does anyone else have this problem?? Thnx

Last edited:
updated my AX88U to 384.19wrt... and lost totally 2,4ghz wifi band, which i do need with my netprinters, cause those only works with 2,4ghz band... How to fix that band to work out? Does anyone else have this problem?? Thnx

Similar here since updating to 384.19 on AX88U (was on 384.14 I think).

2.4 GHz works for some period of time (hours to maybe a day max), but then at some point whilst the 2.4 GHz SSID is still visible, nothing can connect to it. Changing settings for the 2.4 GHz network in the web interface causing a restart of the network or whatever happens behind the scenes gets the 2.4 GHz working again, till the next outage.