What's new

RT-AX88U firmware 3.0.0.4.384.5951 (2019/03/28)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stambeccuccio

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AX88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.5951
Security Fix
- Fixed CVE-2018-20334
- Fixed CVE-2018-20336
- Fixed null pointer issue. Thanks for CodeBreaker of STARLabs’ contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Resecurity International's contribution.

New Feature
- Support WAN Aggregation under DHCP and PPPoE WAN connection type.
This feature combines two gigabit networks to increase bandwidth up to 2 gigabits. Please note that the modem connects to RT-AX88U must support LACP-IEEE 802.3ad.

Improvement
- Improved RT-AX88U and Samsung® S10 series connection performance.

Bug Fix
- Fixed IPTV VLAN issues.
- Fixed comparision issue with ASUS router iOS app 1.0.0.1.40
- Fixed AiMesh LAN IP issue when router using IPv6 WAN.
- Fixed Network Map related issues.
- Fixed AiMesh connection issue between GT-AX11000 and RT-AX88U.
- Fixed Download Master icon disappear issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 2b42f17b6d8eacb035821e1b38e6494e

Hopefully some of these changes will be present in firmwares for other models.

Updated to this today and seemingly lost all IPv6 connectivity some how. No issues with the previous firmware, ASUS has no clue how to resolve the issue and recommended a FW roll back.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AX88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.5951
Security Fix
- Fixed CVE-2018-20334
- Fixed CVE-2018-20336
- Fixed null pointer issue. Thanks for CodeBreaker of STARLabs’ contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Resecurity International's contribution.

New Feature
- Support WAN Aggregation under DHCP and PPPoE WAN connection type.
This feature combines two gigabit networks to increase bandwidth up to 2 gigabits. Please note that the modem connects to RT-AX88U must support LACP-IEEE 802.3ad.

Improvement
- Improved RT-AX88U and Samsung® S10 series connection performance.

Bug Fix

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 2b42f17b6d8eacb035821e1b38e6494e
Not sure what to think when I read this thread. 2 negative, 1 positive and yours which I'm not really sure about..

I am considering to swap my two GT-AC5300 with two RT-AX88 and wonder if their fw are good and stable. I've also noticed that Merlin support the AX88 so that's anyway one upside, but wondering what to make of this thread?

Can you or the other senior member in this thread please eloborate a bit about your experience with the AX88, thanks

384_5951 has an issue with IPv6 and some providers. Already fixed for other models, will be fixed with the next firmware release for the RT-AX88U.

Bug Fix

I beg to differ with this fix list. I just bought an RT-AX88U. Without installing any addons, I flashed 5951 and noticed the Network Map issue is still there. Currently, I am running an RT-AC3200u in AP mode on the network solely for obtaining a correct list of clients on my network. :mad:

Well it’s fixed it for me, but I am using it in Merlins FW.

I beg to differ with this fix list. I just bought an RT-AX88U. Without installing any addons, I flashed 5951 and noticed the Network Map issue is still there. Currently, I am running an RT-AC3200u in AP mode on the network solely for obtaining a correct list of clients on my network. :mad:

Which firmware was installed when you bought it? After flashing the latest version, did you do a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP (see M&M Config in my signature below)?

What router are you currently using with the RT-AC3200U?

@L&LD
The AX88U had 4730 installed in it when bought. The first thing I did with the router was to flash 5951 onto it. Because I had not done any configuring on it, I felt it was not necessary to do a factory reset.

What router are you currently using with the RT-AC3200U?
Huh ? The 3200 is in AP mode on the lan of the AX88U in order to give me a full client list for the AX88U.

@L&LD
The AX88U had 4730 installed in it when bought. The first thing I did with the router was to flash 5951 onto it. Because I had not done any configuring on it, I felt it was not necessary to do a factory reset.

Huh ? The 3200 is in AP mode on the lan of the AX88U in order to give me a full client list for the AX88U.

Sorry, for confusing the roles played by the routers. ;)

It doesn't matter whether you had configured it or not, coming from that original firmware probably warrants a full M&M Config (please see the link in my signature below) when you moved to '5951.

The simple fact that others see their Network Map issues (mostly) solved indicates to me that your router is not in a good/known state right now. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!