What's new

RT-AX88U new firmware 3.0.0.4.384_8018

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Available through router UI. Cannot find any release notes yet.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AX88U/FW_RT_AX88U_30043848018.zip

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_8018
- Release Note -

1. Update Adaptive QoS categories:
Help you to prioritize the mission-critical applications
Those people who work-from-home & learn-from-home will greatly benefit from this new feature with optimized streaming experiences.
New Supported Categories & Apps:
- Video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams[emoji2400], ZOOM[emoji2400], Skype[emoji2400], Google Hangouts[emoji2400], BlueJeans[emoji2400]
- Online learning, including Khan academy[emoji2400], Udemy[emoji2400], Coursera[emoji2400], TED[emoji2400], VIPKiD[emoji2400], 51Talk[emoji2400], XDF[emoji2400], Xueersi[emoji2400]
- Streaming, including YouTube[emoji2400], Netflix[emoji2400], HBO NOW[emoji2400], Amazon Prime Video[emoji2400], Disney+[emoji2400], ESPN[emoji2400], MLB.com[emoji2400], iQIY[emoji2400]
- Indoor training, including Zwift[emoji2400], Peloton[emoji2400], Onelap[emoji2400]
Stay tuned and more apps are coming to the list soon!

2. Support Mobile Game Mode:
- One-click prioritizing your mobile device to the highest and ensure you the best mobile gaming experiences.
- Install/Update ASUS Router App (Android supports later than 1.0.0.5.44; iOS supports later than 1.0.0.5.41)

3. Bug fix:
- Fixed wan detection bugs
- Improved some connection issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bunged it in there to see, mostly out of curiosity.

It's added a some features that were in their more 'gaming' aimed models. Such as, one click port forwarding for popular online gaming titles, per device within network prioritisation for gaming and a mobile setting where you set the device to on and download an app on the mobile device and it gets prioritised gaming traffic....feels a bit gimmicky but, it's free. Personaly I think it's a good move as my kids are into all that shirt and it makes it feel more like a specific gamer's router, as much as that's probably all snake oil.

Running stable on 3 routers. But in this lockdown, I don't want to change any setting to test out whether "port forwarding stops working" bug is present or not. Not worth risking stoppage of my Office CCTV cameras when I cannot physically access router to reboot it. :)

Just bunged it in there to see, mostly out of curiosity.

It's added a some features that were in their more 'gaming' aimed models. Such as, one click port forwarding for popular online gaming titles, per device within network prioritisation for gaming and a mobile setting where you set the device to on and download an app on the mobile device and it gets prioritised gaming traffic....feels a bit gimmicky but, it's free. Personaly I think it's a good move as my kids are into all that sh*t and it makes it feel more like a specific gamer's router, as much as that's probably all snake oil.
Is the gaming feature focus more for mobile gaming rather than consoles i.e. xbox/ps4?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any experience on the 2.4 Ghz Wireless driver? Any update or still low signal as on the previous version?

Would asume they fixed ai protection error where it says there no password set even tho there is on wpa2/wpa3
Also tried adding port forwarding for destiny 2 and it does not work, would be more helpfull if the game list was complete.

A lot of it seems to be mainly jumping on the remote working bandwagon with the QoS stuff. Not sure anybody will actually notice a difference if it's just egress queuing up to the wire buy hey.

My internet is semi broken cannot acces my modem anymore not talking about asus router its saying corrupted content error i am freaking out i dont wanna be without internet for this pandemic while i am locked at home i am ready to consider suicide

My internet is semi broken cannot acces my modem anymore not talking about asus router its saying corrupted content error i am freaking out i dont wanna be without internet for this pandemic while i am locked at home i am ready to consider suicide
Reboot?

I did everything this update broke something really badly, clearly is broken update i am gonna try rolling back its complete waste of time

Nothing worked until 15 minutes ago it would hang on reset hang on firmware upgrade then say invalid cannot even rollback but managed to get it working again after full reset, really frustating, i have pxe network boot server with dhcp and everything so i want it working my way so a router reset can be quite annoying, let alone setting up everything, anyway working so far no problems, i am starting to think tho that my consistent disconnects in world of warcraft where i repeatly dc after logging back in have something to do with my router.

For some reason if you change wifi name it wont change it just keep using the old wifi name, wtf is wrong with this firmware, did they decide to play an early april fools joke ?

Last edited:
Nothing worked until 15 minutes ago it would hang on reset hang on firmware upgrade then say invalid cannot even rollback but managed to get it working again after full reset, really frustating, i have pxe network boot server with dhcp and everything so i want it working my way so a router reset can be quite annoying, let alone setting up everything, anyway working so far no problems, i am starting to think tho that my consistent disconnects in world of warcraft where i repeatly dc after logging back in have something to do with my router.

For some reason if you change wifi name it wont change it just keep using the old wifi name, wtf is wrong with this firmware, did they decide to play an early april fools joke ?

Did you:
a) do factory reset after the update and configured manually.
b) do factory reset after the update and restored a saved configuration.
c) just updated the firmware

So far, I've been able to get away with just updating the firmware only. I haven't updated to 8018 yet, but maybe with this new "Adaptive QoS categories" feature, i'll have to a).

Did you:
a) do factory reset after the update and configured manually.
b) do factory reset after the update and restored a saved configuration.
c) just updated the firmware

So far, I've been able to get away with just updating the firmware only. I haven't updated to 8018 yet, but maybe with this new "Adaptive QoS categories" feature, i'll have to a).

After full reset i still had issues that eventually went away after another factory reset and configuration, the update is trash

So i tried this hoping for a good result. Did the usual factory reset before etc and manual config. All seemed well but after 5 mins, WAN disconnected and loads of packet loss on the Wi-Fi again. This firmware seems absolutely screwed. How bad is it that the Google Nest Wi-Fi which has worked perfectly for a week is performing better? Oh well.

Pathetic firmware yet again with WAN and Port Forwarding borking itself after 3 days. Asus has lost the plot when it comes to firmware stability.

@Tommy Grace the correct order is as follows.
  • Flash the firmware you want.
  • Reset to factory defaults including using the 'Initialize all settings checkbox...'.
  • Perform a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.
Resetting to factory defaults before flashing the firmware you want doesn't achieve what you expect.

@Tommy Grace the correct order is as follows.
  • Flash the firmware you want.
  • Reset to factory defaults including using the 'Initialize all settings checkbox...'.
  • Perform a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.
Resetting to factory defaults before flashing the firmware you want doesn't achieve what you expect.
Sorry my previous message was misleading. I did exactly as you describe, you previously advised me earlier so i followed your advice. Still didn't work. Even tried brand new SSIDs for the 3rd time.

Have not had issues so far after i got it working against but i do not trust this firmware, how you supose to roll back firmware normally cos did not manage that last time ? incase things go bad again.