What's new

RT-AX88U - Slow WAN to LAN Speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

this is what you connect your router to in side your house this is what we have in New Zealand

Yeah I have that but is it a modem? I have my router connected to it. But connecting a client directly to that could be dangerous from a security perspective. You could be opening a lot of services up to the Internet. But I would be willing to try!

Yeah I have that but is it a modem? I have my router connected to it. But connecting a client directly to that could be dangerous from a security perspective. You could be opening a lot of services up to the Internet. But I would be willing to try!

the ont is not a modem you connect a ethernet cable to a lan port and the other end connects to the wan port of your asus 88 ax router your clients will connecting to the asus router if you have set it up right the ont is a network interface device used for fiber optics the ont converts opticals into electrical signals and vice - versa your isp will lock any security risks that the ont might have you are not any chance form New Zealand are you

the ont is not a modem you connect a ethernet cable to a lan port and the other end connects to the wan port of your asus 88 ax router your clients will connecting to the asus router if you have set it up right the ont is a network interface device used for fiber optics the ont converts opticals into electrical signals and vice - versa your isp will lock any security risks that the ont might have you are not any chance form New Zealand are you
No I am not I'm in the US. Sounds like I could connect a client directly to the ONT to run a speed test and see if I get 900 Mbps down. Bc I'm only getting 500 at the moment.