What's new

RT-AX88U - Streaming issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brightstar

New Around Here
Hi, I have the RT-AX88U installed, and mostly everything is working correctly, mostly internet browsing and video streaming (Netflix, etc.)
One thing that bothers me a lot is streaming content (videos mainly) while browsing Reddit and Facebook. When I'm browsing Reddit, for instance, a video is supposed to be playing as I scroll. While in WiFi, this hardly happens, either the video starts and gets stuck quickly or does not get started.
When I shut down the Wifi, the video starts playing very quickly as it should.

Any advice on what setting or tweak I should be looking for?

I have this issue too. I’ve had a Vodafone hub installed for years on fixed 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels - no issues across house, everything was happy. Then a month ago I suddenly found that streaming YT videos just didn’t happen, I tried all channels and no difference - either I got constant buffering before the video for up to 5 mins or I just saw a black screen. I spoke to their support and the staff basically tried to fix it by hitting some macro their end, which reset the router to use Auto on both frequencies - this did help and I could momentarily access YT better if I stood next to the router but across the house, no joy on Auto. So I bought the DSL-AX82U, have disabled 5 GHz for now and just trying to test YT on my apple devices and new Sony TV, two small rooms away from router. I get the exact same issue except if I stand next to the router it still doesn’t improve. I must be missing some magic settings, anyone can help please?

Hi, I have the RT-AX88U installed, and mostly everything is working correctly, mostly internet browsing and video streaming (Netflix, etc.)
One thing that bothers me a lot is streaming content (videos mainly) while browsing Reddit and Facebook. When I'm browsing Reddit, for instance, a video is supposed to be playing as I scroll. While in WiFi, this hardly happens, either the video starts and gets stuck quickly or does not get started.
When I shut down the Wifi, the video starts playing very quickly as it should.

Any advice on what setting or tweak I should be looking for?

To start, I would look for a poor local network connection between the client(s) and the router/AP.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!