What's new

RT-AX88U VPN issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I found out one more thing which is strange but it might have fixed the problem.
When I did a "route print" in the command line I got this:
===========================================================================
Persistent Routes:
Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.200 1
192.168.1.200 isn't in my home network or in the office network. After I did what I described above this entry changed to:
Persistent Routes:
Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.50.1 1

I don't know if it is something which could cause the problem but it was weird to see the 192.168.1.200 address.

How strange. I don't have any persistent routes. The only way I know for them to be there is if they were manually set in the network adaptor's advanced settings.

Untitled.png

Is this laptop something provided to you by your company or is it your own?

Maybe the 192.168.1.200 is hard-coded in the VPN software's settings.

It is a company laptop and to make everything more difficult it is allmost impossible to change settings.

But I conducted some more experiments and I found out that your WPAD suggestion was correct, I was just to impatient.
After changing the WPAD setting I changed the spanning tree setting and when you do that it looks like it restarts part of the router.
What I just did was reverting the WPAD and spanning tree settings and I rebooted the router. The result? The problem was back.
I then changed the spanning tree setting and rebooted both the laptop and router and the problem was still there. I reverted the spanning tree and changed the WPAD setting again and rebooted the router and laptop and everything was working correctly.

So it is a WPAD issue which interferes with the specific network configuration on this laptop with Windows 7. This is really useful news which I have relayed to our IT department if people complain about the same issue. Sadly the WPAD setting can't be changed in the default Asus WRT firmware.

I have no idea, do you mean if the router is transparent for these protocols or if there will be clients/servers integrated in the firmware? This is more a question to ask Asus I guess.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!