What's new

RT-AX88U with BT Fiber

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Col8eral

Regular Contributor
I'm in the UK. I have an RT-AX88U.

BT have just run fiber down our street. I was thinking about getting it. Am I able to use my router with this service. I believe BT provide a smarthub2.

How would I setup my router so I can use the BT Fiber service.

I'm in the UK. I have an RT-AX88U.

BT have just run fiber down our street. I was thinking about getting it. Am I able to use my router with this service. I believe BT provide a smarthub2.

How would I setup my router so I can use the BT Fiber service.

You will need to provide abit more info here. What is the BT smarthub2? What ports does it have? is the device going to allow you to use a PPPOE pass through or DHCP?

Does it have a bridge mode?

There is not enough info here to even get started.

Have a look on the BT community forum, I’m pretty sure some people have it working. I used to have a Smart Hub 2 and now have an AX88U (not with fibre though). The SH2 is an absolute stinking turd compared to it, you really don’t want to give up your Asus for it. I’m 90% sure the BT modem/routers dont have a bridge mode, they are super locked down, but you will probably still be able to use it as a modem and the Asus for everything else if you can’t just use the Asus. BT kits is super locked down.

Surely if its proper fibre you can just connect from the ONT to the router then provide default credentials? You'll probably lose Voip as you need the default router for this. Anyone, if I'm wrong please correct me.