What's new

RT-AX89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It’s pointless paying so much for a newly released router knowing that a lot of its features cannot yet to be used to their full potential. There will also likely be a lot of issues that will eventually get addressed. By then, the price should be significantly lower. I’d wait.

Is the Qualcomm chip on Asus 89x router worth waiting for?

Any signs of a ROG ax11000 with a Qualcomm chip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Asus is aiming for a February/March release date for markets outside China;

We are looking at a Feb/Mar 2020 launch in SG, tentatively.
smile.gif

Any chance this will be released before 1/30/20? Trying to decide if I should keep ROG AX11000 purchased recently or get the X89x. I do have 1 gig down via Xfinity

This will have the QCOM 1200pro chip, would this be superior to the Asus Rox AX11000 with the Broadcom chip?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Last edited:
One of few more thorough ASUS RT-AX89X review/postings that I have came across.

For those whom don't understand Chinese, please use the Google translate for better understanding :) It's picture intensive and pictures tell the story. :D

~> https://koolshare.cn/thread-170558-1-1.html

~> https://koolshare.cn/thread-171032-1-1.html

Never owned a router that was actively cooled by an internal fan before. Do you foresee any issues with it in the long run?

Also wondering, if the fan fails, will it lead to any additional hardware issues? In a such a case, could you use a cooling pad under it?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!