What's new

RT-AX89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

$1000 is way too much imo, even if you can afford it. By the time one truly needs all what's offered, the router will be below $500 or more. I'll wait.

According to this website the device is for sale (internationally at-least) on the 20th for roughly $1000USD .

Will be interesting to see high end NAS units being able to take advantage of the 10G ports and AX speeds.

lol $1000

why would anyone spend that kinda money on this and not just go with ubiquiti or mikrotik gear at that point.

lol $1000

why would anyone spend that kinda money on this and not just go with ubiquiti or mikrotik gear at that point.
Prob for the same reasons they buy a 911 over a Ford Mustang :)

Difference here though is the router prices actually drop, the 911 not so much

lol $1000

Definitely steep pricing, but I guess that's the cost of bleeding edge hardware and this device is targeted at "prosumers". Can't really compare Ubiquiti devices as the specs don't even come close.

Prob for the same reasons they buy a 911 over a Ford Mustang :)

Difference here though is the router prices actually drop, the 911 not so much
no, with 911 you'll get a good sound at least or good optic if you like it while nothing but troubles with this router and worth half after a year.

no, with 911 you'll get a good sound at least or good optic if you like it while nothing but troubles with this router and worth half after a year.

This router is still very new and will probably need a few firmware updates.

Par the course with all new hardware these days.

This router is still very new and will probably need a few firmware updates.

Par the course with all new hardware these days.
How do you get all these funky new toys to try? :D

How do you get all these funky new toys to try? :D

I have a AX88U not AX89X :p

I and doubt I would buy it since i'm not a fan of spider looking routers :p

Even if you can get past joke of a pricing, are you willing to be a paid beta tester which Asus will take forever to fix? They will out a cheaper model within a year.

Even if you can get past joke of a pricing, are you willing to be a paid beta tester which Asus will take forever to fix? They will out a cheaper model within a year.

My take on this is simple. Test against what I am used to now with my current equipment. At that point, any improvements can be compared to the cost(s) involved. If I am not happy with that cost analysis? I return the new (tested) equipment and wait for the next offer. ;)

My take on this is simple. Test against what I am used to now with my current equipment. At that point, any improvements can be compared to the cost(s) involved. If I am not happy with that cost analysis? I return the new (tested) equipment and wait for the next offer. ;)
True. But my country does not have such liberal return policies because people abuse them.

True. But my country does not have such liberal return policies because people abuse them.

You don't have a best buy in your country?

As long as you have a receipt they take everything back.

You don't have a best buy in your country?

As long as you have a receipt they take everything back.
What's best buy? ;)
They are only well known in US/Canada.
But he is from India and I'm from EU.
And even same company may have very different policies in different regions/countries!

What's best buy? ;)
They are only well known in US/Canada.
But he is from India and I'm from EU.
And even same company may have very different policies in different regions/countries!

is there a similar kinda of store in India or EU?

this thing is now pre-order in china for 667USD, and based on the info, the sfp port only support 10G and not compatible with 1G, so it looks like cannot support 1G SFP ONU

Heard back from my contact at Asus. Seems like this was a soft launch in China and the device isn't ready just yet for mass production. Will post back when I get any updates.

this thing is now pre-order in china for 667USD, and based on the info, the sfp port only support 10G and not compatible with 1G, so it looks like cannot support 1G SFP ONU

It's was slashed to RMB$46?9 if one make a deposit pf RMB$100 and pre-order for their 11.11 single sales. TMall ASUS official flagship store will then ship out then they have received the full payment towards 11.11 date.

0JEpcoh.png

Yes, it's mentioned on official ASUS RT-AX89X product description.

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AX89X/

aCMehvv.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-27_1-59-57.png
    upload_2019-10-27_1-59-57.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Heard back from my contact at Asus. Seems like this was a soft launch in China and the device isn't ready just yet for mass production. Will post back when I get any updates.

TMall - it's sold out (out of stock) :p

hZltJwX.png

The description is literally means - product is popular - it's sold out (Out of Stock). Perhaps it's very limited soft launch i supposed.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!