What's new

Release RT-AX92U - New Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45934

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'll wait until Thanksgiving week when I have some time off to try this. My last experience was not good....

Jumped in and applied update. So far, so good. Speedtest from router and iPhone same as usual. Nothing weird in the System Log. Everything reconnected and daughter is pounding multi Mbps on 802.11ax from her iPhone 13 Pro.

Urgh, same problem as 386_45898. 5Ghz Guest Network doesn't work on AX92U aimesh nodes with this firmware, devices just get kicked off and connected to the main router (in my case an AX88U). Had to revert right back to 386_43084 to get it working again. I did send feedback to Asus about this but have heard nothing back, frustrating that it's still not fixed as the working firmware is getting pretty old now and there have been a lot of important security patches since then.

Urgh, same problem as 386_45898. 5Ghz Guest Network doesn't work on AX92U aimesh nodes with this firmware, devices just get kicked off and connected to the main router (in my case an AX88U). Had to revert right back to 386_43084 to get it working again. I did send feedback to Asus about this but have heard nothing back, frustrating that it's still not fixed as the working firmware is getting pretty old now and there have been a lot of important security patches since then.
Same with my guest networks. Lots of "not mesh client" can't delete it / can't update it's ip messages associated with stations kicked off. Backed off to 43084 (again).

Same with my guest networks. Lots of "not mesh client" can't delete it / can't update it's ip messages associated with stations kicked off. Backed off to 43084 (again).
I just sent another error report to ASUS about this. We'll see how they respond.

Hello everyone, I have this problem ongoing for quite some time. But everyone has problems on the wireless networks. I have these two RT-AX92U routers one in AP mode and the other in router mode (the modem is bridged). Via ethernet everything is fine. Wirelessly pinging to 8.8.8.8 gives "request timed out" every couple of minutes or so very randomly. Can this be a firmware issue?

I just sent another error report to ASUS about this. We'll see how they respond.
Their tech support was less than helpful. They kept asking me to email a CFG file with a stock password (not happening) instead of using the router's "submit log/config" capability, which latter should prevent my WPA passphrases from being sniffed out of emails. Finally they gave up and told me to completely reset the gadgets, update the firmware, and then reconfigure them BY HAND (i.e. not by reloading a saved config). Maybe if they don't get it right on the next update....

The notes for 3.0.0.4.386.46061 say that it fixed issues with guest networks on AiMesh; has anyone else tried this yet?

Well, I tried the 46061 firmware last night and no, this problem with guest networks has not gone away.