What's new

RT-AX92U Slow Wired Speeds (200mbps) while Router Internal Speedtests at 800mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Peacetalks

New Around Here
Hello Everyone,

New user here, Found this forum after researching various info online related to my issue.

I've spent hours troubling this issue with my RT-AX92U. I have an internet plan that provides 800Mbps. I can achieve these speeds connecting directly to my modem, My RT-AX92U can achieve these speeds in it's internal speed test, but connected wired devices only get 150-200Mpbs in the same ookla speedtest.

Steps i've taken to trouble shoot the speed issue :
Hard reset modem.
Manually update firmware to latest asus firmware. (386)
Manually update firmware to Merlin Compiled GNUton firmware provided here (388 beta) (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...opped-supporting-this-model.80662/post-802218)
updated windows and all NIC drivers on all hardwired PC's
disabled power saving on all NIC's
disabled wifi and tested with only one hardwire connected device on each LAN port (1-4) on the back of router.
Ensured that QOS,Traffic Analyzer and AI protector is turned off.
Toggled Jumbo Frames (Understand this only works for LAN speeds)
Unbridged my modem (Blue Curve) and connected directly to it to verify speed.
Tried different DNS servers (random suggestion - Understand this doesn't have any bearing on wan speeds)
NIC's reporting 1GB and router is confirming status is also 1GB connection.
Using CAT6 and CAT5E cables (Verified working with network cable tester)

When I originally installed the router I had no issues pulling 800Mbps on my PC connected to the router. As far as I know nothing has changed since I Installed it in August.

I've emailed Asus and provided them with my cfg and settings and waiting to hear back from their escalated tech support.

regardless of everything I've tried, the router itself continues to speed test at 800mbps and hardwired devices can only pull 150-200mbps.

Thank you for your time and any advice or suggestions you may have.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!