What's new

Release RT-AX92U Version 3.0.0.4.386.43084 released 6/3/21

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thanks for that.

recently enabled ipv6 and also installed the phone app and it enabled WAN access and https authentication. this was all done on Monday- the last time we lost internet. It is Thursday now and we haven't lost internet since. Fingers crossed.

We are going to give it a few more days, but if the problem persist, we will have to give 41712 a shot. Will update as it seems many others are experiencing this problem.

I see you have replied in this post:

and yes, 41712 is kind of solid to me (after one month of downgrade back from 43084, I experienced one Internet disconnect but ok.. it just one time so far).

but strange that seems not many ppl, but just you and me experienced the RED LED internet disconnect issue on the latest firmware. I wonder if this is only limited to a special combination of configuration.

and yes, 41712 is kind of solid to me (after one month of downgrade back from 43084, I experienced one Internet disconnect but ok.. it just one time so far).

but strange that seems not many ppl, but just you and me experienced the RED LED internet disconnect issue on the latest firmware. I wonder if this is only limited to a special combination of configuration.

Yes, it has been very frustrating since installing this router last May. It would disconnect just about everyday. We are on Spectrum, and never had an issue with our Linksys EA8300 that this replaced.

Have tried all kinds of different things to correct this, and nothing worked. Contacted Asus a few times, and they were no help at all.

This past Monday, it disconnected again. Rebooted it, and then enabled ipv6. installed the phone app and it enabled WAN access and https authentication. It is Friday, and it has worked flawlessly all week. Hopefully this was the magic trick, but if not, we will have to downgrade to 41712. Have it on standby, lol.

This sounds like a DCHP issue. As stated in the other post this is a known issue on Asus and there are fixes.

Unfortunately, I can't help you further than that. I've never had the issue. But you should look into fixing that before downgrading firmware

The biggest issue almost everybody had was random reboots. That was fixed with 41712.

This sounds like a DCHP issue. As stated in the other post this is a known issue on Asus and there are fixes.

Unfortunately, I can't help you further than that. I've never had the issue. But you should look into fixing that before downgrading firmware

The biggest issue almost everybody had was random reboots. That was fixed with 41712.

Tried changing the WAN setting between aggressive/continuous/normal and none of it made a difference.

Today is Saturday, and after enabling ipv6 and installing the mobile app, it has been working flawlessly. it has not worked this many days continuously since we got it.

Hopefully this was the magic trick and it will keep working without issue.

It has been one week, and have not had any issues since making the other changes. hopefully, that is all it took no matter how strange.

It has been one week, and have not had any issues since making the other changes. hopefully, that is all it took no matter how strange.
My two RT-AX92Us have been running in mesh mode for 7 weeks straight with no hiccups - with 43084, so I am pleased! (and I have a lot of devices of all kinds connecting)

My two RT-AX92Us have been running in mesh mode for 7 weeks straight with no hiccups - with 43084, so I am pleased! (and I have a lot of devices of all kinds connecting)
We are running just a single RT-AX92u as the primary, with additional routers as hotspots. Everything is hard wired.

This was a really strange issue with this router. We never use the mobile apps for configurations as we just login directly and take care of it. It seems it was really necessary for this router, though. Because once we configured the mobile app, it has been perfect.

We have ~180 devices online at any given time.

Tried changing the WAN setting between aggressive/continuous/normal and none of it made a difference.

Today is Saturday, and after enabling ipv6 and installing the mobile app, it has been working flawlessly. it has not worked this many days continuously since we got it.

Hopefully this was the magic trick and it will keep working without issue.

I was having the mobile app but it did not fix any issue. So the fix is by enabling ip v6? maybe I can give it a try a bit later. I am just hoping there will be a new release fixing the RED LED issue. But it seems that ASUS is not aware of the root cause so very likely the next version will still carry the same bug.

I was having the mobile app but it did not fix any issue. So the fix is by enabling ip v6? maybe I can give it a try a bit later. I am just hoping there will be a new release fixing the RED LED issue. But it seems that ASUS is not aware of the root cause so very likely the next version will still carry the same bug.

Yes, besides installing the mobile app and letting it enable WAN access and https authentication, the only other thing that was done different was enabling ipv6. All other configurations on the router are basically default with the exception of DDNS and a port forward.

It has been over a week now, and the router has functioned perfectly. It has never gone this many days without losing internet since we got it.

We have the same issue with 3 RT-AX92U's units (one connected to ISP and two others added wired as nodes using AIMesh). Every day the router looses the WAN connection. Firmware is 3.0.0.4.386.43084, tried turning on ipv6, but it didn't help in our case. No solution so far.

We have the same issue with 3 RT-AX92U's units (one connected to ISP and two others added wired as nodes using AIMesh). Every day the router looses the WAN connection. Firmware is 3.0.0.4.386.43084, tried turning on ipv6, but it didn't help in our case. No solution so far.

We suffered with this constantly after installing this router in May. It is the main unit. We tried so many different suggestions, and nothing worked.

However, after we enabled ipv6 and installed the phone app, it enabled WAN access and https authentication, it has been working perfectly. It has been almost 3 weeks now and we have not had any issues at all.

Install the mobile app, and make sure to connect to the router. That seemed to be integral. All other configurations on the router are basically default with the exception of DDNS and a port forward.

We are running the latest firmware- 43084

We suffered with this constantly after installing this router in May. It is the main unit. We tried so many different suggestions, and nothing worked.

However, after we enabled ipv6 and installed the phone app, it enabled WAN access and https authentication, it has been working perfectly. It has been almost 3 weeks now and we have not had any issues at all.

Install the mobile app, and make sure to connect to the router. That seemed to be integral. All other configurations on the router are basically default with the exception of DDNS and a port forward.

We are running the latest firmware- 43084
I always suspect that the issue is also related to the WAN signal provided by the ISP devices. Maybe somehow the problematic signal not is no longer being triggered. I think under some circumstances the Asus firmware is not able to handle certain configurations. But this cannot be proved and we have no way to figure it out...

I always suspect that the issue is also related to the WAN signal provided by the ISP devices. Maybe somehow the problematic signal not is no longer being triggered. I think under some circumstances the Asus firmware is not able to handle certain configurations. But this cannot be proved and we have no way to figure it out...

Whatever the case may be, we have not had the issue anymore after doing those simple extra steps.

Working in IT for 25+ years, it is things like this that leave you scratching your head as it does not make sense.

Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44985 was released yesterday - Aug 26 - 2021. This seems to have fixed my AIMESH issue(running without issues for last 24 hour) The frequent disconnect or lost of wifi signal on either node or router, had plagued me for last 10 months since my firmware upgrade last year (Oct 2020). None of the firmware after that fixed fixed that issue. It seems ASUS finally had their acts together. Keeping fingers crossed that finally they figured out the AIMESH Issue!! I was really getting frustrated with ASUS and was thinking of changing my router once again (Although having spent approx $400 on this 2 pack)

Last edited:
Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44985 was released yesterday - Aug 26 - 2021. This seems to have fixed my AIMESH issue(running without issues for last 24 hour) The frequent disconnect or lost of wifi signal on either node or router, had plagued me for last 10 months since my firmware upgrade last year (Oct 2020). None of the firmware after that fixed fixed that issue. It seems ASUS finally had their acts together. Keeping fingers crossed that finally they figured out the AIMESH Issue!! I was really getting frustrated with ASUS and was thinking of changing my router once again (Although having spent approx $400 on this 2 pack)

Yep, installed it yesterday and the router continues to function perfectly! So glad this thing is finally working like we had hoped.

That's good news, but how did you upgrade? I've tried through the dashboard, but it says it can't update automatically, so I have to do it manually. Also, I've tried to upload this firmware manually, and it says it's unsuccessful. So apparently, I'll have to reset the router.

That's good news, but how did you upgrade? I've tried through the dashboard, but it says it can't update automatically, so I have to do it manually. Also, I've tried to upload this firmware manually, and it says it's unsuccessful. So apparently, I'll have to reset the router.
I got the same message on first try while I tried to do through the phone app. In fact it said failed. Just went with a computer attached to router via ethernet cable .. http://192.168. 50.1 and tried again and it went through fine updating Router and Node. No factory reset done afterwards. The system is running well without any issues for last 3 days

Also try to reboot router first and try again. I sometime get that message when the router cannot connect to server automatically. Upon rebooting router first fixes that issue.

New firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44985, hard reset before upgrade, hard reset after upgrade. Runs in AP mode, not in Aimesh, no other changes. After 6 hours; (copy of system log) Aug 29 22:08:38 kernel: wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's [1] This is a very bad router ...

With which main router and other network components and Wi-Fi environment?

Unless you've done a full reset on the entire network, resetting a single device on it is not indicative of its worth.

With which main router and other network components and Wi-Fi environment?

Unless you've done a full reset on the entire network, resetting a single device on it is not indicative of its worth.
I agree with this comment. Because there are so many parameters that need to be plugged in to make them the best they can be...

I really would like to know though if this newest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44985 is stable and running well.

I cringe at the idea of upgrading my Home system because when i originally purchased these units a year ago, i was all kinds of UNSTABLE, and constantly dropping the 2.4ghz.

I worked extensively with ASUS over a two week process (mainly because i had to hurry and get it stable because i had another network i was planning on setting up and needed it to be perfect). I had a rep write a BETA firmware for me specifically and was given several parameters to make the units connection with each other stable. Besides an occasional need to reboot the unit (which has only happened about 5 times total in the past year), it has been solid, therefore my hesitation to touch anything!

Current firmware BETA on my AX92U system (custom built for me, but I'm sure they released it to others because it worked!): 9.0.0.4_384_9831

The AX92U runs as a node on my network using Router: GT-AX11000. This unit needed to match the same settings as well and had a similar update to the firmware yet, not a BETA (it uses: Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_9566)

Why then would i want to upgrade? Because I max out on the 5G wifi at 460 Mbps... sure would like go get closer to my 1 gig bandwidth.

Anyway, I'll download, but not install yet, waiting for more response on the current firmware to see if i'll risk it. Especially since i have TWO other networks using these units now that could use an update but i want them to be stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!