What's new

RT-AX92U WAN Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JokerPower

Regular Contributor
Hi all. I've got an issue with my RT-AX92U Mesh setup (two units). After updating to the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_43084-g728dd24) the main unit regularly loses WAN connection. The only way to restore the connection is to restart the unit.

I'm uploading the logs for today (there was another loss of WAN connection).

If you can please advise what's the cause of this problem and how to fix it.

Many thanks

Attachments

• rtax92u_22aug2021.txt
    117 KB · Views: 130
After years of supporting ASUS I can confirm their networking equipment is garbage. Just go with another company.

You are not alone. I had the exact issue and rollback to older software. On the other hand I can't find any related logs when that happened as well.

Try enabling IPv6 and ASUS Mobile App see this helps. Someone has a fix on this please report back if this can help you as well.

You are not alone. I had the exact issue and rollback to older software. On the other hand I can't find any related logs when that happened as well.

Try enabling IPv6 and ASUS Mobile App see this helps. Someone has a fix on this please report back if this can help you as well.

Which firmware would you recommend?

Apparently, the cause is overheating with the latest firmware. I've upgraded in June to the latest firmware and the problem has started in July when the outside temperature where high. Last summer the router managed pretty nice with high outside temps.

I had to use a USB stick to kill psta_monitor on each reboot in order to make the unit stop rebooting every 12 hours or so. Try manually killing it and see if it helps.

And I agree, never again Asus for networking; spent too many $ for too much trouble especially during the pandemic where I kinda need my network…..

Which firmware would you recommend?

Apparently, the cause is overheating with the latest firmware. I've upgraded in June to the latest firmware and the problem has started in July when the outside temperature where high. Last summer the router managed pretty nice with high outside temps.
I had installed a small external fan since 2 years ago and it did the work perfectly. I used to see one cpu core shut down because of overheating before I install the fan. This usually happens when you enabling more features, such as QOS, traffic analysis etc.

I've upgraded to the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_44985) and it still loses WAN connection. It needs a manual restart every time to restore the connection. If you can please check the logs for any clues..

Many thanks

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    407 KB · Views: 122
I have similar problem, my ac86u also losing wan connection after about week (dhcp) status "Disconnected". I turn off and on WAN, and this help. I tried some settings like aggressive, normal etc. Not help. This happens on the different versions of fw

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!