What's new

rt-n16 port forward issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drchou

New Around Here
I'm running Merlin 376.45 on an rt-n16 and can't get the router to open port 5060. There is no issue opening another port (8333). Can someone steer me in the right direction please.

Decided not to pollute by starting another thread since I'm experiencing something similar.

I've had tomato on my rt-n16 for a couple of years and had a simple port-forwarding setup for my torrent clients.

Decided to finally upgrade the firmware to 376.49_5. So far it's running smooth, except for the forwarding issue.

I'm trying to forward two ports (to be sure the problem is not with the port) to use with my utorrent (tried with Azureus/Vuze on both Mac and PC). Utilities like canyouseeme.org keep telling me the port is closed. To be honest, can tell that myself just by the torrent upload speed.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I've checked little stupid things like manual IP assignment rules, disabled firewall, etc. However, I'm fairly new to that sort of things so I could be missing something very obvious, sorry :(

Code:
Destination     Proto. Port range  Redirect to     Local port  Chain
ALL             TCP    60706       192.168.1.3     60706       VSERVER
ALL             UDP    60706       192.168.1.3     60706       VSERVER
ALL             TCP    6892        192.168.1.3     6892        VSERVER
ALL             UDP    6892        192.168.1.3     6892        VSERVER