What's new

rt-n56u 3.0.0.4.375 firm issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crazymofo

New Around Here
New to the forums. I just updated my firmware from something like 1.0.7. So it was way old obviously. I figured updating the firmware would make some improvements. So far it's been nothing but a big pain in the butt. My wifi strength is awful and unstable. I had no issues from across the house like I do now. Does anyone know if I can downgrade my firmware to an older more stable version or even go back to the 1.0.7 that I previously had?

that´s strange, did you try factory reset? i use 3.0.0.4.376 and have no issues, in neighboring room 100 Mb/s @ 2,4 GHz

that´s strange, did you try factory reset? i use 3.0.0.4.376 and have no issues, in neighboring room 100 Mb/s @ 2,4 GHz

Is factory reset going to give me original firmware? I haven't tried it. All my settings got reset anyway when I updated firmware. It's just super unstable and looses connection on all the wifi enabled devices.

Is factory reset going to give me original firmware? I haven't tried it. All my settings got reset anyway when I updated firmware. It's just super unstable and looses connection on all the wifi enabled devices.

Nope factory reset will not revert you back to the firmware you had, but it may solve your issues. Its always a good idea to factory reset when jumping firmwares that are far apart in release.

Not sure if Asus would still have the version you were running before if not i am sure someone out here may have a link to older archive versions. Be advised those older builds have lots of security issues that have been fixed in the newer builds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have 1.0.7.f on my computer. I'm not at home right now but I can check later today or tomorrow if you want to?

as Kel-L mentioned, using such an obsolete fw is quite dangerous because of security issues... you must find some other solution, reset to factory defaults, update network card drivers on PCs etc
btw does anybody know if there is new fw coming? i see some builds 3600+ but we stuck at 1665

Last edited:
as Kel-L mentioned, using such an obsolete fw is quite dangerous because of security issues... you must find some other solution, reset to factory defaults, update network card drivers on PCs etc
btw does anybody know if there is new fw coming? i see some builds 3600+ but we stuck at 1665

I reset to factory settings and no change. It's obviously the firmware that did that is causing the issue. It was fine before I updated and now it's unstable. I heard some other people were having similar issues. I don't remember if it was on this forum or not. I believe they said they went back to firmware 3.0.0.4.342(something close to that) and had a better connection.

Does anyone have the old 1.0.7 or 1.7 whatever it was firmware? I'm surprised there isn't a archive off all the firmware somewhere to download from.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!