What's new

RT-N66R/U: Can't manually assign IP addresses to AP's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wnhs

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm running firmware version 3.0.0.4.376_1071 on a RT-N66R, which is my primary router. I have two others set up in AP mode. One of them, which I set up about a year ago, has a static address -- I reserved it using the DHCP router's manual IP assignment feature. However, I just added the second AP this weekend and when I try the same thing (go into the MAC address table, select the AP, assign the IP, add to table and save), the DHCP router hangs indefinitely and nothing happens.

I have tried power cycling and reinstalling the firmware but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks!

Actually, I can't make any changes to the router at all. Seems as though it was bricked somehow. Will have to investigate further...

I had the same issue after I firmware upgraded it the first time. I did a factory reset of the settings and that solved the problem.