What's new

RT-N66U 2022?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John used to monitor the changes that RMerlin was doing to his firmware (beyond even 380.70) and if appropriate apply them to his firmware. So as well as package updates you also got bug fixes, security updates, etc. He did not change the base GPL or add new features as that is against the LTS principle of this firmware. So this is a patched 374 firmware and not a 380 firmware.
Thank you for your help and explanation! I found the reset procedure. Upgrade worked like a charm.

Here is the reset flow if anyone reads later:
1. Powered down the router
2. Press and hold down the reset button and powered up the router
3. Power led starts to flash slowly and let go of the reset button
4. Power led keeps flashing slowly
5. Connected LAN cable to Lan port 1
6. Set PC IP details to :
192.168.1.10 static ip
192.168.1.1 gateway

I tried updating to John's fork from Merlin 380.70, but the router gives an error about certificates and new regulations and refuses to upgrade.
Do I need to downgrade Merlin first to some specific version?
I tried both the oldest John's version RT-N66U_374.43_41EAj9527.trx and the newest RT-N66U_374.43_52E7j9527.trx
hey can you link to that _52E7 version ya got there?

The answer from Colin above, or you can go right to the OneDrive repository for all the versions. I am actually running the latest (last?) 53D7 from the Development-Beta and it's been rock solid for almost a month.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!