What's new

RT-N66U 380.69 -> Tools -> Other Settings -> Miniupnp secure mode setting issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lewekleonek

Occasional Visitor
I have seen this in previous versions of the firmware as well, but in this particular case:
RT-N66U 380.69 -> Tools -> Other Settings -> Miniupnp: Enable secure mode (default: Yes) setting is stuck on yes for good, no matter what's set in the Admin UI. The UI seems to be reflecting the change, as the proper radio button appears to be selected, once you navigate away and then come back to the settings page. I wasn't able to trace where the actual setting done in the UI is stored.
The POSTed web page headers show that proper data seem to be submitted in the form (<form method="post" name="form" id="ruleForm" action="/start_apply.htm" target="hidden_frame">):
upnp_secure: 0
However the setting is not translated into permanent change of the router configuration.

The only way to get rid of the stale UPNP lease entries from another machine than they were set on is by manually editing /etc/upnp/config
and setting:
secure_mode=no

I know it's a minor inconvenience at this point but it took my an hour to figure out how to get rid of the some extra UPNP lease entries created by a virtual machine which I have deleted.

Last edited:
Have you tried rebooting the unit that's what fixed it for me.

However the setting is not translated into permanent change of the router configuration.

Any change to the Tweaks setting require you to either manually reboot the router or restart the service - none of these settings are applied and activated automatically. That's why they're in that separate section.

Any change to the Tweaks setting require you to either manually reboot the router or restart the service - none of these settings are applied and activated automatically. That's why they're in that separate section.
Good point. I didn't reboot the router after the change was made. I'll re-run the test with re-boot this time. I'll report back later this evening.

I did confirm that the router re-boot does indeed complete the upnp re-configuration, so it does work as designed.