What's new

RT-N66U, Guest Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

paul464646

Occasional Visitor
With the Guest Network enabled, how can you stop people who are connected to your Guest Network from see your LAN PC's / NAS server? I only wont then to have internet access??

Access Intranet: "disable"

would be the right choice I guess...

Ciao
Gerald
On Merlin 374.41 beta1 that option doesnt work. I have that option disabled and the people connected to my guest network can still access my lan NAS and everthing on it.

With the Guest Network enabled, how can you stop people who are connected to your Guest Network from see your LAN PC's / NAS server? I only wont then to have internet access??

Disable Guest Network access as it does exactly what you don't want it to do.

See the screenshot.

Attachments

• 2014-04-18_17h33_21.jpg
    2014-04-18_17h33_21.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 505
On Merlin 374.41 beta1 that option doesnt work. I have that option disabled and the people connected to my guest network can still access my lan NAS and everthing on it.

Cannot confirm that behavior using 374.42_beta2 (Merlin). Being connected via guest network I only can access internet but not other devices in my LAN when I disable intranet access.

Ciao
Gerald

Is your NAS connected to your network or the router's USB port?

My hdd is connected to usb 3.0 port, and guest access on samba is disabled

By USB 3 port, I assume you mean it is connected to your PC - I assume it is running Windows - is it? Changing a router setting will not help if it ain't connected to the router itself. Looks like you will have to configure the NAS itself. I do not have one but IIRC access can be configured.

By USB 3 port, I assume you mean it is connected to your PC - I assume it is running Windows - is it? Changing a router setting will not help if it ain't connected to the router itself. Looks like you will have to configure the NAS itself. I do not have one but IIRC access can be configured.
It's usb 3.0 from router, it was my bad, I just saw that this is a n66u topic, and i have ac68u. Sorry.