What's new

RT-N66U loses connection with latest firmware (380.69)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FWIW...

I was having the media bridge disconnect problems with a N66 connected to a AC68U described in this thread. They seem to have been fixed with 380.69_2 even though I did not find anything addressing this in the changelog. Media bridge has been fine for about 4 days.

Thanks.

Spoke too sonn, Needed two reboots last night. Back to 380.68_4

Last edited:
FWIW...

I was having the media bridge disconnect problems with a N66 connected to a AC68U described in this thread. They seem to have been fixed with 380.69_2 even though I did not find anything addressing this in the changelog. Media bridge has been fine for about 4 days.

Thanks.

Spoke too sonn, Needed two reboots last night. Back to 380.68_4

I tried 380.69_2 too and report the same issue still. The RT-N66U lost connection and had to be rebooted within about 24 hours. I went back to 380.68_4 for the media bridge RT-N66U.

Unfortunately, I'm having this problem with 380.70 too on my media bridge RT-N66U. It loses connection after about 24 hours and has to be rebooted. Going back to 380.68_4 again.

I gave up on the AC66U's, they have never provided a stable mediabridge in my house. Upgraded to a pair of AC68U's, which are rock solid and mediabridge never goes down.

Interesting. I am using RT-N66U as an Access Point, wired from the Gateway Router, and serving as a WIFI host to TP-Link WR940N connected via WDS. Every 3-5 days, I had to revisit the router because it drops wifi devices connected to it. Latest firmware from ASUS installed.

So I login to the router from a wired workstation, check for any logs, or discrepancies, and I don't see any type of error. Without re-booting, but just a "refresh" of some settings, i.e., the Beacon Interval, from 100 to 75, save settings...and once it saves, I notice that all the other wireless devices, start connecting. I suppose that "save" changes is not really a reboot, but it refreshes the settings.

I tried contacting ASUS customer service, but no luck. Since all the click buttons "SUBMIT" specifically does not do anything. Not sure if the issue gets submitted or what. I gave up.

When I had this router as the main gateway, never had the issue of WIFI disconnections. Only when I changed it as an Access Point.

Would be nice to resolve it since I always had to revisit the workstation to "refresh" the settings.

Currently, the topology is as follows: Archer AC1750 as the gateway router, 1 WRT54G Linksys, 1 WRT54G DD-WRT, ASUS RTN66U, and 1 TP-Link WR940N connected through WDS to the ASUS. All the other routers are wired to the Gateway router..

I am at a loss troubleshooting the issue.

Interesting. I am using RT-N66U as an Access Point, wired from the Gateway Router, and serving as a WIFI host to TP-Link WR940N connected via WDS. Every 3-5 days, I had to revisit the router because it drops wifi devices connected to it. Latest firmware from ASUS installed.

<SNIP>

I am at a loss troubleshooting the issue.

To possibly solve your problem, have you considered flashing your n66u with Asus-merlin v380.70?

To possibly solve your problem, have you considered flashing your n66u with Asus-merlin v380.70?

Not really considering it.

Because I do not want to add another variable to the situation, since it is not a known fix to the problem. The same approach was suggested to me by ASUS support. Reset to Factory settings, but without an assurance that it will fix the problem. I was able to contact them via email, but a few days ago, the "Submit button was not working."

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!