What's new

Solved Rt-N66U traffic manager data

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DogT

Occasional Visitor
Every time the power goes off, the traffic manager looses all the past data. I tried saving it to a USB device, but it did nothing. How to I keep my past traffic data when the power goes off and the router re-boots?

Can you remove the "How To" tag please because you are not publishing a how-to guide for the community.

What firmware version are you using?

Don't see how to remove that tag. I thought it was a 'how to' question, I see I was wrong it is a 'how to' answer. Things have changed since I was here last.

I'm using Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70. As I remember I went to that version because I could do better traffic monitoring. I remember a long time ago I tried putting a usb device in the router and saving the data, but it did nothing. My other option is to put the router on a battery backup.

Don't see how to remove that tag. I thought it was a 'how to' question, I see I was wrong it is a 'how to' answer. Things have changed since I was here last.
Just click on the title and change the tag to "(No Prefix)".

I'm using Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70. As I remember I went to that version because I could do better traffic monitoring. I remember a long time ago I tried putting a usb device in the router and saving the data, but it did nothing. My other option is to put the router on a battery backup.
One option is to store the data on the router's internal flash memory (/jffs/). That way you don't need a USB drive plugged in. Configure it as below and set "Create or reset data files" to Yes and then click Apply. If you have "IPTraffic" enabled you will also need to create/reset that file as well.
Untitled.png

OK, did that, wiped out all my old data. Do I need to clean out my data now and then so it doesn't fill up? thanks.

It seemed to take a while for the traffic data to show up, but now it has. I reckon the test is to unplug the router and see what happens. This will be interesting. I hope it works, but there's really nothing lost. I just want to keep track of my data usage, mostly month by month. I used to have a 20MB/mo limit, now I have 150MB/mo so I should be happy. Also I've gotten rid of the satellite (hughesnet) junk and got a link to a TMobile tower 7 miles away with an external antenna and with decent speeds and much less latency. It's almost like we've come into the real data life.

I realize the N66U is dated, but my house is cat5 wired so it's next to unimportant. It's just a router. And with internet download speeds of less than 50Mbps it's not that important.

Wife's old W7 computer saw the N66 just fine, but her new W10 compact computer hardly sees it, so I cat5'd it with a cheap Lynksys bridge which I could probably get rid of because she doesn't use her old MAC any more, but it does put wifi on both ends of the house.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

It seemed to take a while for the traffic data to show up, but now it has. I reckon the test is to unplug the router and see what happens. This will be interesting. I hope it works, but there's really nothing lost. I just want to keep track of my data usage, mostly month by month. I used to have a 20MB/mo limit, now I have 150MB/mo so I should be happy. Also I've gotten rid of the satellite (hughesnet) junk and got a link to a TMobile tower 7 miles away with an external antenna and with decent speeds and much less latency. It's almost like we've come into the real data life.

I realize the N66U is dated, but my house is cat5 wired so it's next to unimportant. It's just a router. And with internet download speeds of less than 50Mbps it's not that important.

Wife's old W7 computer saw the N66 just fine, but her new W10 compact computer hardly sees it, so I cat5'd it with a cheap Lynksys bridge which I could probably get rid of because she doesn't use her old MAC any more, but it does put wifi on both ends of the house.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
150mb per month? Are you sure about that as in my house we use about 40gb per day!

Actually we have a limit more like 200GB/mo. You have to realize we're very rural and there's no service out here, I'm lucky to get this. I'm linked to a TMob tower 7 miles away on a plan through a guy that buys business plans and sorts them out to subscribers. We used to have satellite -hughesnet- and that had a 20MB/mo limit and a 1 second latency. Besides, we're geezers and only watch a few movies a week and general browsing. No gaming or kids here. I don't think we've ever hit 100GB/mo.

You'll all be glad to know this works. I unplugged the router to plug it into another socket and it actually saved all the data. Thanks for the help.