What's new

RT-N66U w/Shibby firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Enigma69

New Around Here
I have an issue with the log redirection on a RT-N66U running Shibby F/W 097 Mega. The problem is I'd like to set the custom location to a HDD connected to the router currently mounted as /tmp/mnt/NAS with automount set to show directories under /mnt. The behavior I'm seeing is when I specify the custom location under Administration->Logging to /mnt/NAS/logs is I get nothing displayed when trying to either look at the logs through the router GUI or download the file.

I've tried setting the permissions on the directory to 777 but see nothing, the only files in the directory being written are the tomato_cstats & rstats files.

Thanks in advance.

I have an issue with the log redirection on a RT-N66U running Shibby F/W 097 Mega. The problem is I'd like to set the custom location to a HDD connected to the router currently mounted as /tmp/mnt/NAS with automount set to show directories under /mnt. The behavior I'm seeing is when I specify the custom location under Administration->Logging to /mnt/NAS/logs is I get nothing displayed when trying to either look at the logs through the router GUI or download the file.

I've tried setting the permissions on the directory to 777 but see nothing, the only files in the directory being written are the tomato_cstats & rstats files.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried with and without a trailing "/" at the end of that path?

I've tried with and without the trailing '/' both have the same result.

Forgot to say earlier I had the same issue with the 095 firmware as well, hence upgrading.

Thanks

Problem Solved

OK, problem solved. I noticed that /var/log/messages on the router was linked to the custom directory I specified in the GUI, adding the log file name in the GUI allows a new logfile to be created. Currently it was trying to write the messages to a directory instead of a file.