What's new

RT-N66U - YazFi - No YazFi tab showing in guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey Jack - forced the update again via CLI but the web UI still doesn't load, console output is the same

1626009666195.png

Jack
did uf download a new ASP page?
I think it did but not sure how to go about checking. When it didn't make the UI fully appear I did a uf again, now when I do a uf it states the following:

1626018666826.png

If it gave an indication of a new ASP page I'm assuming it would have perhaps indicated that on the first update only and not subsequent update requests via uf?

make sure you ctrl-f5 / clear cache
That's a great call out and I should have mentioned I tried in incognito mode (I'm using Firefox) to be sure it wasn't a cache issue as well as another browser yet got the same result.

Jack

I think it did but not sure how to go about checking. When it didn't make the UI fully appear I did a uf again, now when I do a uf it states the following:

View attachment 34915

If it gave an indication of a new ASP page I'm assuming it would have perhaps indicated that on the first update only and not subsequent update requests via uf?

That's a great call out and I should have mentioned I tried in incognito mode (I'm using Firefox) to be sure it wasn't a cache issue as well as another browser yet got the same result.
i've bumped the script version to 4.2.3 so option u will pick up the change. also made another change to the ASP which should move us past the current error

Jack,

Thanks so much for working with me on this. I'm happy to report the web UI now fully loads. However, attempting to change anything via the web UI and clicking "Apply" does nothing. What I mean is the fields are fully editable and able to be changed, mousing over the "Apply" button turns it a shade of blue, but the "Apply" button itself is not able to be clicked and thus changes not able to be saved via web UI. Console output of clicking "Apply" captured below.

Another thing of note is the "Check" button by version information is clickable, but hangs while checking for a new version. Console output captured below.

Page Now Loads
1626097834798.png

Clicking "Apply" console output
1626098368658.png

Hanging on checking for updates
1626098151917.png

Console output checking for updates
1626098237276.png

Jack,

Thanks so much for working with me on this. I'm happy to report the web UI now fully loads. However, attempting to change anything via the web UI and clicking "Apply" does nothing. What I mean is the fields are fully editable and able to be changed, mousing over the "Apply" button turns it a shade of blue, but the "Apply" button itself is not able to be clicked and thus changes not able to be saved via web UI. Console output of clicking "Apply" captured below.

Another thing of note is the "Check" button by version information is clickable, but hangs while checking for a new version. Console output captured below.

Page Now Loads
View attachment 34923

Clicking "Apply" console output
View attachment 34926
can you uf and let me know if this is now fixed?
Hanging on checking for updates
View attachment 34924

Console output checking for updates
View attachment 34925
I'm not sure about this one, perhaps john's fork restricts POSTs? I'll test once I can put my 68u on the fork, currently testing the VPN director beta

Hey Jack - I forced an update of YazFi via uf on the CLI and I'm happy to report that, as best as I can tell, YazFi is fully working both within the CLI and web UI sans the the "Check" button by version information at the top of the web UI. I've not tested the forcing guest traffic to a VPN as I do not have a VPN set up at this time. Thank you for all the work you've done on getting this to work properly for me, I am very grateful.

If you want me to test anything in particular or collect and send logs for any part of YazFi I am happy to do so but again, as best as I can tell it's all working properly now except for the "Check" button.

Thanks again mate!

Last edited:
@Jack Yaz it seems to get the 404 due to the timestamp appended to the ajax call.

http://192.168.1.1/ext/YazFi/detect_update.js?_=1626141632123 gets a 404, but http://192.168.1.1/ext/YazFi/detect_update.js works in a browser. I know that's not something you control, but maybe httpd is different in the fork?

EDIT: A hack to make it work is below, but the repercussions are unknown.
Code:
admin@RT-N66U-96A0:/www# diff user/user1.asp /jffs/addons/YazFi.d/YazFi_www.asp
--- user/user1.asp
+++ /jffs/addons/YazFi.d/YazFi_www.asp
@@ -558,7 +558,6 @@
        $j.ajax({
                url: '/ext/YazFi/detect_update.js',
                dataType: 'script',
-               cache: true,
                timeout: 3000,
                error: function(xhr){
                        setTimeout(update_status, 1000);

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!