What's new

RT-N66U_3.0.0.3_116b Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gary is Beta 114 faster than .108?

CC

CC,

I did not notice any difference when running speed tests with .108 or beta .114. Both did very well and showed similar results.

I like using Speakeasy, Speedtest and testmy to check DL speeds. As soon as I installed .116b there was a noticeable decrease in Internet download speeds with strong fluctuations (5-15 mbps) during the tests.

ISP is RoadRunner with a 30 mbps max. Did testing when traffic was low - after midnight local time. Re installed .108 and .114 and all was smooth and fast again. Erased nvram each time using telnet commands and installed .116b two days later and again noticed the strong swings when downloading.

Nothing like QOS or IPv6 was turned on just SSID and AES password.

~Gary

CC,

I did not notice any difference when running speed tests with .108 or beta .114. Both did very well and showed similar results.

I like using Speakeasy, Speedtest and testmy to check DL speeds. As soon as I installed .116b there was a noticeable decrease in Internet download speeds with strong fluctuations (5-15 mbps) during the tests.

ISP is RoadRunner with a 30 mbps max. Did testing when traffic was low - after midnight local time. Re installed .108 and .114 and all was smooth and fast again. Erased nvram each time using telnet commands and installed .116b two days later and again noticed the strong swings when downloading.

Nothing like QOS or IPv6 was turned on just SSID and AES password.

~Gary

Great feedback, thanks.
Did you report this to Asus - i.e. that the latest beta firmware (116b) noticeably impacted internet throughput compared to prior firmware revisions (e.g. 108 and 114)? This way they can research it on their end and run their own tests to fdetermine the root cause.

ok

Then thats a deal killer for .116b.

.114 - no ipv6
.112 - no ipv6

Looks like .108 is the best so far?

CC

Ditto here.

Hi tested out the .116b firmware and now when my son came home he tried MW3 and it wasn`t playable so i flashed back to the official .112 and the game run as it should again.

best

It looks like .108 is the best firmware release where everything works......

agree?

CC

.116 DL and throughput now working fine

I was the one having erratic download and throughput speeds with .116

Reloaded 116 for the 3rd time and for the last 2 days download and throughput speeds have been as good as .108, .112 and .114.

What I learned: Flashing the firmware more than once (3 times) may be necessary to get things working correctly. Vram was cleared successfully each time using telnet commands. I did download .116b again from the Russian site and used it for the 3rd attempt. Maybe my original .116b DL was defective or was not loading correctly?

Everything is now fast and stable with .116 ;)

difference

Whats the difference .108 to .116b? Anything fixed?

CC

116b is working great for me. I was having QOS issues with .108.

Hoping Asus will continue to work on firmware upgrades. I got so sick of Linksys putting out a new router, issuing 2-3 updates and then moving on to the next router.