What's new

RT86U w 384.19 Manually Assigned IP issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PcGuy

Occasional Visitor
Trying to assign manually assigned IPs and entering a hostname in the table. However when I apply the changes none of the hostnames stick. The hostnames are all blank. Is this a known issue?

Trying to assign manually assigned IPs and entering a hostname in the table. However when I apply the changes none of the hostnames stick. The hostnames are all blank. Is this a known issue?
What router modell and program?

Check to make sure the /jffs is mounted. Tools/Internal Storage/JFFS
If it is not mounted go to the Administration/System and check Format JFFS partition at next boot. Save the page and then reboot.

I don't know what was happening here. I did a Reboot of the router via the menu option and all of the entered information was lost. This was even though I had used the Apply button and the MACID and ID addresses showed up. Anyways entering the information using the pen icon and + sign followed by the apply button seemed to work. The hostname shows up and the information stays there even after a reboot of the router.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!