What's new

Schedule reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lfbb

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I have an N66U repeater with John's 49E4 and tried today schedule reboot from the GUI. I notest that the reboot is very "soft", is lasts no more than 15 seconds, while the 'Reboot' buttton lasts more or less 2 minutes. What's the difference between this two reboots? The schedule reboot does not solve my issue with the router, which is an Android 11/One UI 3.1 battery drain, but the 'Reboot' button does though I have to reboot the router every 24 hours. I don't know if this is important but I reboot the router through my phone browser and it's annoying having to do it every day, I don't know if that even harms the router! Anyway, can the schedule reboot being changed to reboot as the 'Reboot' button does? Or is there another alternative to reboot the router on a daily basis, but a "complete" reboot? Thanks!

There is no reboot button.

I use @Jack Yaz scmerlin CLI script for reboots. I don't recall the "service" event he invokes (I'm not in front of my router to grep the code).
I would think about using cron via cru along with the method Jack uses and not use the GUI version as an experiment.

Found it. service reboot
Should have known ;-)

My RT-AC56u the schedule reboot lasts about 1 minute and 50 seconds and it has the same firmware as yours.

Did you just upgrade firmware recently?

My RT-AC56u the schedule reboot lasts about 1 minute and 50 seconds and it has the same firmware as yours.

Did you just upgrade firmware recently?
Two weeks ago. You have a different router, it may reboot completely!
There is no reboot button.
button.png

Are you suggesting the "Enable Reboot Scheduler" feature behaves differently than clicking that "Reboot" button from the UI?

I did not observe that when I did use the reboot scheduler. I no longer do that though so it's been a while.

Are you suggesting the "Enable Reboot Scheduler" feature behaves differently than clicking that "Reboot" button from the UI?

I did not observe that when I did use the reboot scheduler. I no longer do that though so it's been a while.

Thats's exactly what I am saying, the time disparity between both is quite clear!

Compare the syslog entries for each type of reboot.

I'll do that, thanks!