scMerlin scMerlin - service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

CriticJay

Apparently, yes.
Code:
Sep  4 05:21:17 RT-AC86U-4608 scmerlin: MD5 hash of scmerlin does not match - downloading updated v1.1.3

Sep  4 19:07:31 RT-AC86U-4608 scmerlin: MD5 hash of scmerlin does not match - downloading updated v1.1.3

Thanks, ever since the AC86U JFFS corruption debacle, I'm a bit paranoid of MD5 mismatches!

pirx73

From "t. View router temperatures" menu i got incorrect symbol in temperature output:
CPU: 74▒C
2.4 GHz: 49.5°C
5 GHz: 54°C
Tried to change it in the script but did not help. Still got "▒" symbol (ASCII code 176 or 177) instead of degree symbol then i figured out where it comes from:
RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/dmu/temperature
CPU temperature : 73▒C
Router is storing wrong symbol. I guess only ASUS or @RMerlin can fix it because this file is generated and updated by router itself.
What i did: reconfigured cut to only take digits after ":" (sorry i am not that fluent with cut) and add degree symbol (ASCII code 167).
To achieve this i changed line #558 in /jffs/scripts/scmerlin script from:
Bash:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature)"
To:
Bash:
printf "CPU: %s°C\\n" "$(cut -c19-20 /proc/dmu/temperature)"
but it's not perfect.
@Jack Yaz can you please take a look at that in your spare time?
Of course it is priority #999999 :) very insignificant.

Last edited:

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
From "t. View router temperatures" menu i got incorrect symbol in temperature output:

Tried to change it in the script but did not help. Still got "▒" symbol (ASCII code 176 or 177) instead of degree symbol then i figured out where it comes from:

Router is storing wrong symbol. I guess only ASUS or @RMerlin can fix it because this file is generated and updated by router itself.
What i did: reconfigured cut to only take digits after ":" (sorry i am not that fluent with cut) and add degree symbol (ASCII code 167).
To achieve this i changed line #558 in /jffs/scripts/scmerlin script from:
Bash:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature)"
To:
Bash:
printf "CPU: %s°C\\n" "$(cut -c19-20 /proc/dmu/temperature)"
but it's not perfect.
@Jack Yaz can you please take a look at that in your spare time?
Of course it is priority #999999 :) very insignificant.
sorry for the delay. can you run the below and let me know if it achieves the same thing please?
Code:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature | awk '{$1=$1;print}' | sed 's/..$/°C/')"

Last edited:

octopus

Very Senior Member
sorry for the delay. can you run the below and let me know if it achieves the same thing please?
Code:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature | awk '{$1=$1;print}' | 's/..$/°C/')"
missing "sed" command
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature | awk '{$1=$1;print}' | sed 's/..$/°C/')"

pirx73

Code:
@Jack Yaz yes it does:
CPU:73°C

Last edited:

JoGi

Occasional Visitor
just curious,
is it also possible to see (make/add) a addon all temperature from all aimesh nodes connected ?

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
just curious,
is it also possible to see (make/add) a addon all temperature from all aimesh nodes connected ?
aimesh code is all closed source so I don't imagine there's a way to do this without setting up some sort of ssh solution to the IPs of the nodes

JoGi

Occasional Visitor
aimesh code is all closed source so I don't imagine there's a way to do this without setting up some sort of ssh solution to the IPs of the nodes

thx for explaining.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!