What's new

Setting up Client on VPN via Command line.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

node

Occasional Visitor
I would like to add one more client on my Network to my OpenVPN in my Router via ssh command line. I would like to know the syntax. Also the syntax to open and delete ports via command line. I know the VPN server and the Client local IP address on my network. I can logged into the router via my SSH keys.Tnx

Last edited:
That would depend on what router you have and what firmware it is running. We have no way of guessing what that might be. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would like to add one more client on my Network to my OpenVPN in my Router via ssh command line. I would like to know the syntax.
There are approximately 34 nvram variables (nvram show | grep ^vpn_client1) that you need to set as well as at least 3 config files (ls -l /jffs/openvpn/). Plus VPN Director if you're using that.

Also the syntax to open and delete ports via command line.
You can use standard iptables commands (search Google for tutorials).

I have to apologized and clarify my post a bit after reading. I need to add a device to one of my already set VPN's in my router using the command line. Not set a VPN client up. So I need to know exactly where I put this device IP address.

Are you talking about the VPN Director rules? If so you need to edit the config file /jffs/openvpn/vpndirector_rulelist and then restart the appropriate VPN client (e.g. service restart_vpnclient1).