What's new

Setting up cron

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deveals

Occasional Visitor
Hello and good day! I'm new to SNB Forums and hopefully, you can assist. I recently installed Entware and Cron on ASUS Zenwifi AX6600 but recieving the following error message when trying to edit crontab:

crontab -e
You (deveals) are not allowed to use this program (crontab)
See crontab(1) for more information

I've read crontab(1) and verified (deveals) username is located in /opt/etc/cron.allow; deveals is my username and used to admin the AX6600. I would like use cron to schedule system monitoring and alerts jobs. In advance, your assistance and expertise is appreicated!

The cru command built into the firmware (via Busybox) provides cron functionality by default. Is there a reason you need to install cron from Entware?

Hello and prompt review/response appreciated! I wasn't aware this type of function existed built into BusyBox. I'm running errands now but will research when I return. How can I find additional about this and other functions built into BusyBox? Thanks. Danny.

The cru command built into the firmware (via Busybox) provides cron functionality by default. Is there a reason you need to install cron from Entware?
Hello and good day! Response appreciated and sorry for the delayed response, but now returning to this project. My goal is to create cron jobs for router performance monitoring and reporting. Still learning the requirements/tools and hope to implment something soon. Thanks. Danny.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!