What's new

Setting up OpenVPN Server on Asuswrt-Merlin RT-AC68 (384.19)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ostieca

New Around Here
Greetings everyone,

I started by reading the How to setup a VPN Server with Asus routers 380.68 updated 08.24 tutorial but I was getting errors after importing the client1.ovpn file into the second router. Then I found the OpenVPN Server on Asuswrt-Merlin tutorial, I enabled the Asus DDNS service and made some changes to the cipher settings, manually entered the username/password on the Client router, and now it connects. Remaining issue is to be able to access the NAS's mapped drives (192.168.1.11) connected to the Server router (192.168.1.2) from a laptop connected to the Client router (192.168.2.2). The network used on the Server router is 192.168.1.0 and the network used on the Client router is 192.168.2.0, following the tutorial advice. The WAN connection on the Client router is an USB LTE modem from Bell reporting to be in the 192.168.1.0 network. I'm suspecting a routing issue here but I'm totally clueless as to how to troubleshoot it further and fix it.

Anyone has an idea of where to look at and try?
Thanks!

Search with 'Better search' these forums for site to site VPN...