What's new

Settings don't stick RT-AX88u Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gogreen1

Regular Contributor
Just set up a new RT-AX88u Pro. The settings in asusrouter.com don't hold when clicking "apply," and the app seems to switch settings randomly between 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings. My last firmware version is 3.0.0.6.102_33308. What's wrong here?

Last edited:
Just set up a new RT-AX88u Pro. The settings in asusrouter.com don't hold when clicking "apply," and the app seems to switch settings randomly between 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings. My last firmware version is 3.0.0.6.102_33308. What's wrong here?
Try configuring via a web browser. Asus also has two apps for Android and iOS. One is called Expert WIFI app. Pretty sure you will need to use the "plain" Asus app for the newer Asus firmware.

Still, configure your router with a web browser on a PC. Not a phone!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry I didn't clarify this: I'm configuring the router on an iMac with Safari in asusrouter.com. bbunge, are you suggesting I access the settings differently?

Logi, by "refresh the browser," do you mean click the refresh button on the address bar?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry I didn't clarify this: I'm configuring the router on an iMac with Safari in asusrouter.com. bbunge, are you suggesting I access the settings differently?

Logi, by "refresh the browser," do you mean click the refresh button on the address bar?
I have experienced the same symptoms as you, after you apply the settings on the router, refresh with the button in the address bar, you should see immediately the new settings

I have experienced the same symptoms as you, after you apply the settings on the router, refresh with the button in the address bar, you should see immediately the new settings
I'm doing it that way, and the settings hold but only after 3 or 4 attempts. Asusrouter.com seems very unreliable. Could something else be going on to upset its stability?

iMac with Safari
Try a different browser. Safari has a history of compatibility issues.

Consider Brave browser. If you do, you must deactivate "Brave Shields" for asusrouter.com. "Brave Shields" blocks some scripts used for ads and sometimes website function scripts.

Last edited:
Firefox works well for me on OSX. I never use Safari. Chrome also should work well.

I’ve had issues only with the control channel not sticking on my new AX88U Pro. And then when other things were changed it caused the radio to revert to auto. If I change the control channel last it usually ends up sticking. Sometimes if I click into a different section and come back to check it doesn’t stick the first time, but it hasn’t taken more than leaving once and coming back and changing it again to stick for me.

Last edited:
Have you tried using a Private window in Safari? That has worked for me in the past.

I’ve had issues only with the control channel not sticking on my new AX88U Pro. And then when other things were changed it caused the radio to revert to auto. If I change the control channel last it usually ends up sticking. Sometimes if I click into a different section and come back to check it doesn’t stick the first time, but it hasn’t taken more than leaving once and coming back and changing it again to stick for me.
My experience is quite similar.

Have you tried using a Private window in Safari? That has worked for me in the past.
I could try this.

Problem now is that Safari tells me it can't find the server when I try to reach asusrouter.com.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 1.39.57 PM.png

Does this connection work only with a wired connection?

According to the user guide,"Connect to the network name (SSID) shown on the product label on the back side of the router." I know the SSID, which I've changed, but HOW do I "connect to the network name"? It doesn't say how to do that.

Problem now is that Safari tells me it can't find the server when I try to reach asusrouter.com.
View attachment 57899
asusrouter.com is only resolvable if your client is using the router as a DNS server. If Apple are bypassing your local DNS server in favour of their own the URL will not return an IP address. I suggest you avoid such problems by using the router's IP address (e.g. 192.168.50.1) instead of the "only locally resolvable" domain name.

asusrouter.com is only resolvable if your client is using the router as a DNS server. If Apple are bypassing your local DNS server in favour of their own the URL will not return an IP address. I suggest you avoid such problems by using the router's IP address (e.g. 192.168.50.1) instead of the "only locally resolvable" domain name.
Yup. That works, too! Thanks, ColinTayler!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!