What's new

Settings to allow AX200 based PCI card to connect to the AX network on AX92u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gilad

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,
I've setup my AX-92U to use Ethernet backhaul and separated bands with SSID for each one (2.4, 5 and 5-2).
My smartphone (Galaxy Note 10+) connects easily to the AX network at blazing speeds.

My computer has an Intel AX200 based card. It sees the AX band but when I try to connect it simply fails with no error.
other bands work fine.

I tried tons of options on both Router AX settings and the card settings, none seem to work.
I've got the latest Intel driver and latest Win 10 64 installed and this is driving me nuts :-(

Anyone here managed to get these two connected and can maybe share his card and router AX settings?

Thanks a lot!

That is true although even then it tended to connect only some of the times, refusing to save the password and sometimes not connecting at all.
I’ve now switched to a line based backhaul and since then I can’t connect at all using the AX200. I’m guessing one of the AX settings is not compatible but now sure which one...

My limited knowledge would suggest that your AX200 card is in disagreement with the channel, and therefore I would suggest that you change the channel - just as I suggested in the previous thread. ;)

Posting back to try and help whoever owns an AX200 based card and faces similar issues:
I managed to resolve this issue by force clean uninstall of the wifi driver (Hardware manager->driver ->right click the card and do "uninstall" and check the "Delete the driver" options , repeat until no longer an option and reboot.
I re-installed the latest driver from intel (didn't help) and then re-install latest BLUETOOTH driver from Intel for that card. Magically that worked!

So final conclusion is: make sure both Wifi AND Bluetooth drivers of the AX200 match and are up to date!
It's all working now and blazing fast.

So final conclusion is: make sure both Wifi AND Bluetooth drivers of the AX200 match and are up to date!
It's all working now and blazing fast.

Odd that it says that both drivers need to be installed on the Intel site for the driver IIRC and it actually is correct!

I realize the sarcasm in your comment but both driver WERE indeed installed following the IIRC...
The change is that in case of issue you also need to ensure both are the same version. Intel driver update only updated the Wifi one and I had to manually do the bluetooth driver update.
Just trying to save time and frustration for others.

I realize the sarcasm in your comment but both driver WERE indeed installed following the IIRC...

Sorry, the sarcasm was directed at Intel in that they actually mentioned it and it was correct.

I must say I'm not impressed with Intel, dropped support for the AMD graphics in the fairly recent NUC8i7HVK (and probably the NUC8i7HNK) and the instructions for updating the driver said to grab the AMD one, it didn't work for a couple of months ... but dropping support on relatively recent kit annoyed me. And the recent Intel graphics driver update breaks hardware acceleration support in DVDFab. And, well, their AX200 driver has been fairly poor on Linux from the start.

Yeah I hear you.

I would expect them to make one "AX200" driver which updates both without needing the customer to update each one manually...
We're mostly techie people here but what would a non-tech end user do?!

Sorry, the sarcasm was directed at Intel in that they actually mentioned it and it was correct.

I must say I'm not impressed with Intel, dropped support for the AMD graphics in the fairly recent NUC8i7HVK (and probably the NUC8i7HNK) and the instructions for updating the driver said to grab the AMD one, it didn't work for a couple of months ... but dropping support on relatively recent kit annoyed me. And the recent Intel graphics driver update breaks hardware acceleration support in DVDFab. And, well, their AX200 driver has been fairly poor on Linux from the start.

It's currently broken in Linux. It fails on x16 pci-e buses. I wasted a whole weeknd on it. AX200 chipsets are working ok on x1 pci-e buses.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!